Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proof of payment - Is this necessary?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

M3P_W8

2021 M3P
Jan 12, 2021
UK
I've done the suggested £1 test transfer to Tesla (using the RN number as the payment reference) and this was showing against the order in my Tesla order within a few minutes.

I will make the remaining payments over the next few days, but I notice that Tesla also request to 'Email proof of payment in the form of a receipt or screenshot to [email protected] at least 48 hours before delivery.'

Is email proof really necessary if the payments are already showing against the order in my account?

I would suggest to make your payment through your bank ( by visiting your local branch) and have a receipt printed there. It will make things easier. Don't rely on what is showing on your account. When I had my delivery (although a while ago) I was asked for this.

Reactions: M3P_W8
I was told to take proof of payment rather than email it. I suggest a screenshot of your account when payment has been made is sufficient. Stuart told me it only reallly mattered if the last payment is quite close to delivery, presumably in case the systems haven't caught up.

Wheoever said aask 3 people and get 3 answers... I think its now 4 people and 4 answers.

So despite what they told me, I guess an email can't hurt.

I paid mine in 3 instalments through a banking app! As ther is a max £25k per transaction

First one being £90 to test it worked ad my bank couldn’t recognise Tesla’s

Never had to send proof as each time I paid 20 mins later the amount was adjusted on my account

When final payment was made it changers the status to collect vehicle or something

I took a screenshot with me when I went to pick mine up. I was told to make sure it was done 48 hrs to ensure the finance team was able to see it on their end. I wasn't asked to email it or provide it on pick up either though. I guess as long as it's cleared in the account shouldn't be an issue.

I'd take it with you to be on the safe side.

Does anyone know once we send them proof on the deliverygb email, do they reply and if so what do they confirm?
We have had no reply or confirmation over a day now :(
I had no confirmation on the first order and didn't bother on the second (no questions asked). However, if it does not show as being cleared on your tesla account on the day of collection, you need to take action.

Reactions: znafgaz