Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proof of Payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

so I ordered my Tesla model 3 on the 17th of this month and it wasn’t meant to be due till June but got a text a couple of days ago to say it’s ready to collect on the 29th which was very unexpected (but in a good way :))

I have got the finance sorted out but one thing I’m not sure on how to get would be the proof of payment. My bank is Lloyd’s and I just can’t see anything that would show the transfer being made including their account number and sort code.

If anyone has any information on how to get this I’d really appreciate it as collecting it in a few days time.

Thanks

Hi,

so I ordered my Tesla model 3 on the 17th of this month and it wasn’t meant to be due till June but got a text a couple of days ago to say it’s ready to collect on the 29th which was very unexpected (but in a good way :))

I have got the finance sorted out but one thing I’m not sure on how to get would be the proof of payment. My bank is Lloyd’s and I just can’t see anything that would show the transfer being made including their account number and sort code.

If anyone has any information on how to get this I’d really appreciate it as collecting it in a few days time.

Thanks
You really don’t need to prove to Tesla that the payment has been made, if that’s what you mean. They are quite laid back, but will check that your payment has reached them before releasing the car. You just need to ensure you pay a few days before you get the car.

Reactions: drewpost
My bank is Lloyd’s and I just can’t see anything that would show the transfer being made including their account number and sort code.

Not sure if its different with lease and this is what you are meaning, but you will need to put additional payment reference details (the allow them to reconcile the payment) along with payments sort and account number - normally invoice number as per final invoice but reservation number will also normally suffice - might be more confusing if you had multiple orders.

Not sure if its different with lease and this is what you are meaning, but you will need to put additional payment reference details (the allow them to reconcile the payment) along with payments sort and account number - normally invoice number as per final invoice but reservation number will also normally suffice - might be more confusing if you had multiple orders.

Sorry I should have said...I’m doing PCP through black horse and it’s for the transfer of the deposit, do you think if I put the reservation number as The payment reference that would be sufficient?

Sorry I should have said...I’m doing PCP through black horse and it’s for the transfer of the deposit, do you think if I put the reservation number as The payment reference that would be sufficient?

I would have said anything that relates to your black horse agreement is best if that’s who you are sending the money to - have they given you any references yet that you could use?

Depending who you bank with I know you can get a proof of payment once you’ve done a transfer. I’m with Santander and did a large transfer on the app when clearing down finance on my previous vehicle - prompted me after the transfer if I wanted to download a proof of payment.

Failing that, most of the info when sending money is with the bank actually sending it, so you could always ring your bank after you’ve transferred and see if they can confirm it’s definitely left your account and not bounced back for any reason.

Lastly, in relation to collection it will be the money that black horse give to Tesla that will need confirming by Tesla, since from what you’ve said you’re not technically going into an agreement with Tesla.

I would have said anything that relates to your black horse agreement is best if that’s who you are sending the money to - have they given you any references yet that you could use?

Depending who you bank with I know you can get a proof of payment once you’ve done a transfer. I’m with Santander and did a large transfer on the app when clearing down finance on my previous vehicle - prompted me after the transfer if I wanted to download a proof of payment.

Failing that, most of the info when sending money is with the bank actually sending it, so you could always ring your bank after you’ve transferred and see if they can confirm it’s definitely left your account and not bounced back for any reason.

Lastly, in relation to collection it will be the money that black horse give to Tesla that will need confirming by Tesla, since from what you’ve said you’re not technically going into an agreement with Tesla.
For a Black Horse PCP, the deposit is sent direct from the buyer to Tesla, the PCP loan is just for the remainder.

Your Tesla reservation number is a sufficient reference to use on the bank transfer.

Thanks for all the help, my mum did the bank transfer today, had to call the fraud department who then put the fear of god into her! They were asking if she’d seen the car or been for a test drive, to which she said no. Then they said it was very suspicious why it was being done like this and not using a card payment online! Anyway I managed to reassure her and it went through straight away when she tried it a second time, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had experiences like this with their banks?

Thanks for all the help, my mum did the bank transfer today, had to call the fraud department who then put the fear of god into her! They were asking if she’d seen the car or been for a test drive, to which she said no. Then they said it was very suspicious why it was being done like this and not using a card payment online! Anyway I managed to reassure her and it went through straight away when she tried it a second time, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had experiences like this with their banks?

I found out that my Monzo account has 10k limit... transferred over 2 days money to Halifax and had no problems at all.