Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proof of tire wear benefits of accurate alignment and rear camber

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm almost religious about maintaining front and rear wheel alignment. I also have the adjustable rear camber links which enable setting rear camber very close to -1.00.

Here are the latest tire wear reading from my service center. Totally even -- this is with about 30,000 miles on this set of tires.

Measured tire tread depth at:

(Outer) (Center) (Inner)

LF: 3/32 3/32 3/32

RF: 3/32 3/32 3/32

LR: 3/32 3/32 3/32

RR: 3/32 3/32 3/32

Reactions: cleverscreenam
Just got my shipment from BBC Speed today! I have 2014 P 85+ and my rears tires wouldn't even make it a summer season with the staggered 21's - the car would eat the tires like a fat man eats donuts! I can't wait to get the links installed (once I pick them up from the Post Office).

Confirming settings for P85+ - dropping the suspension to low then:

Front Toe 0.4
Rear Toe 0.18
Rear Camber -1.00

Correct?

I just replaced my tires. About 30K on the primacies (34K total with about 4K on the 21" continentals). I had an even 3/32 on all 4 tires in-center-out. Had probably another 4K in them but I just started doing weekly snow trips and the Primacies are rated pretty bad in the snow plus they were getting thin on the tread side.

My rear camber is -1.5 to -1.6 as of this morning when I got my alignment done. I'm a little irritated that I didn't catch the fact that they didn't adjust my front left camber of -1 to equal the front right camber of -0.6.

20170207_093800-X3.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: TexasTeslaRacing
Just replaced my original Michelins after 39k miles with the Conti DWS 06's. I like them a lot. The originals were down to the cords and I knew I needed a new set when I could only barely keep with my friends 2017 911S. Will be ready for him next time!

Have never done an alignment. Artsci, do you have any recommended alignment specs for a coil P85?