Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proof the Next Gen seats are Recaro

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took a pic of the plastic cover from my replacement seats

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    818.8 KB · Views: 1,207
I recall on my factory tour that they showed us a "company inside a company" that was making the seats on-site. The tour guide said that they leased out space on the factory floor so the third party could make the seats right there and save any shipping costs from another site. They never did say who this company was. Could it be Recaro? Or are the seats now being made elsewhere and shipped to the factory?

I recall on my factory tour that they showed us a "company inside a company" that was making the seats on-site. The tour guide said that they leased out space on the factory floor so the third party could make the seats right there and save any shipping costs from another site. They never did say who this company was. Could it be Recaro? Or are the seats now being made elsewhere and shipped to the factory?

I believe that was Futuris: Tesla Seat Manufacturer

Took a pic of the plastic cover from my replacement seats

I realize this is an OLD thread, but maybe if I am lucky I might get a response. Does anyone know the cost Tesla charges to get new seat replacements (IE: just the leather skins?). I love my seats, trying to keep them perfect, but damn seat covers look dumb (and could case other issues)..so trying to just live with the Nappa leather on the 2015 (next gen seats - I got a "hybrid" according to Tesla, with the Recaro seats)....want to eventually replace them at some point.