Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Hotlobstah, Sep 22, 2017.
Pros And Cons Of Electric Cars
The Onion - Nicely Done
One can't enjoy satire directed towards "the other guys" without also enjoying satire on something you're interested or passionate about.
But, you also missed their "man on the street" segment asking people about the Tesla Semi...
Tesla Unveiling Electric Semi-Truck
Usually The Onion is more clever than that attempt, but we all have our good days and bad days:
1) EVs charge at night. Otherwise, they would cause massive blackouts. Tell your boss the HOV lane is having construction delays.
2) EVs are not silent to pedestrians. Many of our elected officials were electrically-shocked (some while hospitalized, yeah Pelosi) when they were younger, so EVs by law must make noise to warn them. Only gasoline cars are allowed to be completely silent via start/stop tech.
3) Not only is it cool to watch lithium burn (but not as cool as magnesium, sorry), if you are feeling psychotic, you can chew on a corner of the lithium, put down your drum-fed AK-47 and have a normal day.
4) While destroying a lawn is cool, it is even more fun to grab a set of booster cables and stop near your ex's house and ask for a jumpstart. Leave your car in ON status and have them hook the +/- first to their car, then point to the orange wires on your car. (kids, do not try this at home).
5) Silly rabbit, Roadrunners go beep-beep and are made by Dodge.
I love the Onion:
“Elon Musk should just stick to what he does best: rocket science, online commerce, neurological research, artificial intelligence, tunneling, and electric passenger vehicles.”
Mark CoalsonSYSTEMS ANALYST
1) The 1976 Chevy Mustang often get hereditary diseases due to inbreeding. Don't sleep with your cousins. Nuff said.
2) Scientists have discovered EVs alter your DNA and more often than not, turn you into a mutant anti-hero. Then Superman kicks the crap out of you. Do you really want that? Lois pointing at you laughing while you are crying and bleeding in a gutter?
3) "Fill 'er up!" will always be useful in certain types of short films sold only to adults.
4) If they don't stop making EVs soon, the California Government will have to flee to the Cayman Islands with all the EV funds they filched. Then they will allow Republicans in Sacramento, and we'll have to hear even more half-witted political hate monologues by Hollywood 'Stars'. (When I was a kid, I thought a star was something bright. What an education I've received in the last year.)
5) Not even Sears has an EV gas can, and "Sears has everything!". You're screwed.
6) EVs could actually prolong lives of politicians. Does anybody REALLY want that?
the onion? really?
Elon appears to understand irony. He reads and sometimes retweets The Onion, so we all must... /s
I think I would move "Koch brothers have already been through a lot lately" to the Pro column, no?