Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PROS/CONS - what makes you love your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also have a 2023 model Y and several of the issues raised still persist.

Autopilot - I agree with APSD; also see my cruise control comments.

Cruise Control - I find mine behaves unpredictably at times. More often than not it will not slow down (or speed up) when the limit changes despite being recognized and displayed on the central screen. This happens in Auto-Pilot mode as well. (I do wish there was an option to have a Driver Dash Display so I wouldn't have to look away to the central panel to confirm the vehicle has recognized the new limit and is changing speed)

Auto headlights - no problems encountered.

Bluetooth - works well, no issues.

Reversing - I agree that reversing blind spot warning would be an excellent safety feature. I had the feature on a couple previous (non-Tesla) vehicles.

Additional Comment
Suspension - a little too firm in my view. A softer setup or air suspension option would be good.

Lots of interesting posts. I LIKE my model Y, but am often amazed by the glitches and things it does NOT do at the price point. While not upset enough to get rid of it yet, I DID vote with my wallet on my next two EV purchases... which were not Tesla products. They also have their issues, odd quirks , and blind spots, but at far lower price points... so maybe I'm more forgiving.

No seriously, I hadn't been to a gas station for ages, then I had to fill up the CRV that we're using as a work truck and some guy came over asking for money because his wife who was apparently living in the bushes across the street was eight months pregnant

Then there's always some a-hole who has to keep his music blaring at top volume while he fills up ... and it's always shyte music too

So it's really really nice to not have to go there

1. The instantaneous response to the accelerator.
  2. Regenerative braking and one pedal driving.
  3. The quietness of the drive.
  4. The tight handling and low center of gravity.
  5. The many safety features including the less than perfect autopilot.
  6. Low maintenance.
  7. Filling the car at home for all but long trips.

Reactions: boulder.dude