TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Prospective Buyer - Would like a test drive...

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Murtz, May 14, 2013.

1. Murtz

Murtz New Member

Hello,

We're looking to purchase a Tesla S 60Kwh in Houston, TX and are having a hard time finding one to test drive...

We're ready to buy - but not with out a test drive and it seems the longer we wait to hear back from Tesla in Galleria (Houston, TX) the more we're leaning towards getting an S550.

If you have one and don't mind giving us a test drive - it would really help us in the decision.

Mature 50s something buyer... (if that helps).

Located in Sugar Land, TX but will drive within Houston area for the drive.

(832)275-8925 - text please.

2. Zythryn

Zythryn MS 70D, MX 90D

You can thank your state legislators for that.
    Very difficult for test drives and sales.
    There are a number of Texas owners though that I am sure would be happy to help out.

3. stephenpace

stephenpace VIN S00219

@Murtz: I sent you a text. If you can do Friday and don't mind an 85 kWh version, we can probably arrange something around lunch time around the CityCenter area (Beltway and Memorial). Bummer you just missed the Tesla sponsored test drive which was a few weeks ago now.

4. Murtz

Murtz New Member

Thanks for your text Stephen! We'll be at work in Pasadena, TX on friday - still working on making it but in the event we can't make it. Is anyone available over the weekend?

Thank you for the responses Tesla owners :)!

5. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

If you're into a leisurely 200-mile jaunt (each way) you are welcome to test-drive our car in San Antonio. Saturday until 3 and Sunday after 12 work best. Let me know, we are just north of downtown.

6. stephenpace

stephenpace VIN S00219

@Cattledog: Thanks, we did the test drive on Friday. I think they liked it. :)

7. Electric Dreamer

I just have to say that stephenpace, you go the extra mile in being a nice guy and allowing all of the prospective buyers to test your car! Me included! If it weren't for you, we wouldn't have made the final decision to purchase....now anxiously awaiting....factory is building my P85! Thanks again, @Murtz, hope you enjoyed the drive with stephenpace! :smile:

8. stephenpace

stephenpace VIN S00219

@Electric Dreamer: Thanks, you're welcome! :)

9. Babylonfive

Babylonfive Power12

Stephen is nice in person as well.

10. Electric Dreamer

@ Babylon, yes he is! I got my VIN today, so I will be able to follow what you guys have done. I also ordered my plates last week...It's happening!
    @ Stephen, You're welcome, thanks!