Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prospective owner advice plea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good evening all,

Firstly hi, I'm new here, hopefully will be starting around of I can find a suitable car :)

I was hoping I could ask some advice at all... I've just been to view a jan 2015 85 with 40000 miles. When I queried around the range at full charge I was told it was 210 which looked about right based on the range and soc on the test drive.

Does this sound low to you? I know there is a lot of variability, but in your experience how does this stack up? Anyone out there with a similar model or experience?

Many thanks in advance
Rob

That's what I was thinking.

I've just gone back to him to ensure when it was 'full charge' he hadn't set the charge limit to less than 100% inadvertantly. Otherwise I've read that sometimes of the battery hasn't been fully drained the BMS can get confused and report an incorrect amount of total range. Have you heard of / witnessed this behaviour at all?

I have a 2014 P85D with 65,xxx miles and it’s still at 242 miles (nominal). What you are seeing is low.

And, what’s most important to say, is don’t expect Tesla to do anything about it unless the car stops working completely

Ok, thanks for the advice!!

I have been reading about batterygate with the various software versions. Could it be that if it was running an older version of the software then this could result in it showing a lower value?

Quite opposite, if the car has SW version before that batterygate situation then it would show original battery value. But I believe that kind of car is hard to find. If you have searched this forum then you might have seen that there is dedicated UK section available, perhaps you will get better responses over there.