TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Protect Supercharger Parking Spots During Large Event

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by ratsbew, Jun 10, 2018.

1. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

#1 ratsbew, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    I'm trying to be very proactive by figuring out a way to prevent ICEing of the Oshkosh Wisconsin 6-stall supercharger during the week-long (23-29 July) EAA Airventure air show in Oshkosh Wisconsin. The air show is a huge even (500,000+ attendance) that will certainly bring many Teslas. The local supercharger is in a grocery store parking lot and is know for commonly being ICE'd. I'm trying to ensure that there are no ICE'd spots so that the only limit is how fast you can charge cars with 6 stalls.

Should I reach out to Tesla's Supercharger team to coordinate cones for the spots? How do I contact them?

Is anyone local to there who can help?

• Like x 1
  2. KJD

KJD Supporting Member

The email address used to be listed on the web pages but I can not seem to find it today. I think it still works.
    [email protected]

Have you already tried the phone number listed on the web site ?

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Someone, perhaps Tesla, put white cones in front of the Ann Arbor MI stalls. Prior to this, I would often find them ICEed. The cones seem to be enough of a deterrent to ICE drivers going up and down the aisle, but not TOO much of a bother for Tesla drivers to get out and move.

4. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

Reaching out to other Tesla owners (like you've done here) is exactly the right place to start. You might post on other EV boards (Facebook, EAA, Chicago, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Madison, etc.) as well. During the great eclipse, we had about 20 Teslas charging in Baker City, OR (I've rarely seen another Tesla at this SC during other trips). We just coordinated/conspired to keep all of the stalls full with Teslas (even if not charging). We shuttled people out only when a new Tesla arrived for a charge.

5. KArnold

KArnold Member

Or maybe ask for unpaid volunteers at the local high school - let them get tips. You could explain the basics and maybe a rough schedule via email.

6. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

Looks like a good service project for the Civil Air Patrol or BSA...