Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Protect your Key - Leather FobPockets now in Stock!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm happy to announce that our range of leather FobPockets are now in stock. You can choose from brown or black leather, with or without an emboss on the back of a stylized Model S side profile.

DIRECT LINK

leather fobpockets laying together_400px.png

We've really tried to focus on the design of these, and they've been months in the making. There's a couple of really cool features. The first is a hidden pocket inside that's designed to hold a spare battery without adding bulk to the FobPocket - so you'll never be left stranded by a dead key fob. It's also designed so that the snap-fastener aligns perfectly with the trunk open button, so a double tap of that will pop the trunk. Obviously, this only applies to cars with the tech package, but if you're anything like me, that's my most-used button. Each one is lined with a red silky material, and ships in its' own gift box.

There's lots of photos on the site, feel free to use the contact tab if you have any questions, or PM me here on TMC.

First orders will ship on May 20 (Tuesday).

No problem, just shoot me at email at [email protected] with your order number and I'll email you a return label for the Deluxe ones.

I got them today, and I had to try them out just to see how different they were from the Tesla "usb stick" ones Tesla gave me. They're definitely a better fit, so I'll keep them both for now and put the leather ones on a birthday or wish-list for the future.

But what surprised me the most was the really low quality of the carabiner clips attached to the deluxe fobs. They practically broke upon first use, and no way I'd trust using them to clip my Model S key to anything. For years I've been using a larger carabiner to clip my cay keys to my belt loop during the summer when I don't have jacket pockets, and I figured I could just clip my MS key to my belt loop like I've done in the past. But not with that flimsy, tiny carabiner included with the deluxe model fobs. I now need to find a better, but small and sturdy carabiner to use with the deluxe fobs.

It's hard to tell from the pictures. Can you comment on the size of the leather strap to hold the keyring vs the fabric loop on the deluxe version? I like the leather ones a lot, but I don't have any keys to carry. The carabiner is a better option for me, but it looks like the leather is too wide for it to fit. Thoughts?

It's hard to tell from the pictures. Can you comment on the size of the leather strap to hold the keyring vs the fabric loop on the deluxe version? I like the leather ones a lot, but I don't have any keys to carry. The carabiner is a better option for me, but it looks like the leather is too wide for it to fit. Thoughts?

I'm not sure...the loop is certainly more narrow, I'll try with one of the carabiner hooks when I get home tonight.

I'm not sure...the loop is certainly more narrow, I'll try with one of the carabiner hooks when I get home tonight.

Following up on this, @Gizmotoy, no, the current carabiner hook doesn't comfortably fit through the leather loop. A smaller keyring would, and then you can hook a carabiner (or whatever) onto that? I'm looking to provide various options for the keyrings, as some people would prefer a higher quality carabiner, but since that would increase the unit cost, I don't want to force it onto everyone, as personally I've had no issues with the current options, but I also wouldn't trust it to go climbing with :)

I have two of these and like the way they look; however, . . .

The metal snap on the inside scratches the key, which kind of defeats the purpose of the fob pocket. I put a little piece of electrical tape over it, but the damage was done.

Also, the metal snap does make opening the trunk with the fob easy. So easy in fact, my trunk has opened twice while in drive :redface: when the fob was in my pocket and I shifted around a little bit. I have since turned the fob over so the snap is on the back side.

You may want to consider replacing the metal snap with something else.

I have two of these and like the way they look; however, . . .

The metal snap on the inside scratches the key, which kind of defeats the purpose of the fob pocket. I put a little piece of electrical tape over it, but the damage was done.

Also, the metal snap does make opening the trunk with the fob easy. So easy in fact, my trunk has opened twice while in drive :redface: when the fob was in my pocket and I shifted around a little bit. I have since turned the fob over so the snap is on the back side.

You may want to consider replacing the metal snap with something else.

Sorry for the delay, I don't seem to get notifications of new posts reliably. The current generation of Black and Rustic FobPockets has the metal snap under the lining, so it's no longer in direct contact with the key. Also, we've made the leather loop slightly shorter, so it no longer sits over the truck button. we're constantly tweaking the designs based on feedback like this, so it's much appreciated.