Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Protecting car against landscapers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my model 3. In my development the landscapers come and they have a huge fan that blows the debris including rocks all over and cars get chipped and scratched from rocks. I do not have a garage.

What’s the best way to prevent the car from getting damaged from these landscapers? They do the whole development at once so I can’t just move my vehicle a few blocks away to prevent it.

I was thinking maybe the Tesla car cover but do I need to worry about it scratching paint when putting it on if it’s even a little dirty? Will it protect from pebbles and rocks getting shot at it at high speeds? I’d also have to keep it on 2 days a week as thats their schedule.

Expensive solution would be PPF the full car. I would not recommend a car cover unless a last resort. Unless your car is PRISTINE and absolutely dust free it WILL incur scratches. Even if dust free on covering dust will blow up and under the cover and sandpaper your finish as wind blows the cover and it rubs against the Tesla’s soft VOC paint.

Ski

Reactions: Jejunjm
Upvote 0
I just picked up my model 3. In my development the landscapers come and they have a huge fan that blows the debris including rocks all over and cars get chipped and scratched from rocks. I do not have a garage.

What’s the best way to prevent the car from getting damaged from these landscapers? They do the whole development at once so I can’t just move my vehicle a few blocks away to prevent it.

I was thinking maybe the Tesla car cover but do I need to worry about it scratching paint when putting it on if it’s even a little dirty? Will it protect from pebbles and rocks getting shot at it at high speeds? I’d also have to keep it on 2 days a week as thats their schedule.

What did you do with whatever other car you had before this one?

Upvote 0

Maybe you should raise this issue at a housing association meeting? Why would your development hire landscapers that go around damaging cars?

Upvote 0

Go on offense, get a BIGGER blower and defend your property!

Tim

• Funny
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
Expensive solution would be PPF the full car. I would not recommend a car cover unless a last resort. Unless your car is PRISTINE and absolutely dust free it WILL incur scratches. Even if dust free on covering dust will blow up and under the cover and sandpaper your finish as wind blows the cover and it rubs against the Tesla’s soft VOC paint.

Ski
Perhaps on raw paint. With any decent spray on nano/ceramic/graphene coating, traditional or liquid PPF, baked on coating, or even just legacy wax/sealant application - and a quality car cover - there is no danger of damaging Tesla, Porsche, modern automotive paint.

NB - I am not a fan of car covers, but have been using four different ones (indoor and outdoor flavors of California Car Covers and Tesla OE ones, likely also made by California Car Covers) over the last 15+ years. Zero issues with paint, clear coat finish, etc.

Just need a bit of common sense when installing, removing (whole art to folding on removal) and using when the car is clean (doesnt have to be ideal).

Would car covers help the OP? Sure.
Plus stop scratches, dings, sandblasting, debris spray and embedding in the finish.

Will they prevent dents from impact of larger rocks or hardened clumps of clay or wood chips? Definetly not.

Upvote 0