TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

protection for rims on 21" wheels

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by larrychroman, Jan 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. larrychroman

larrychroman New Member

Has anyone used the Alloygators to protect their rims on 21" wheels? They are only for sale from the UK, so wondered if anyone ahd any expereince with them before I buy them.
    Thanks for your help.
    Yarrl

2. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Yes. They are wonderful. Just do it. You can even change the tires without disturbing them, unless you have really damaged one (which is much better than doing the corresponding damage to the wheel itself!).

3. RonnieKorbas

RonnieKorbas Member

Can I piggy-back on this thread and ask about the Wheel Locks?
    Does anyone have them? Do you recommend them?

I just upraded to the 21 Turbine Charcoal Rims, and I get looks even more so than before. They are very appealing. But that makes me wonder if that make my car even MORE prone to being vandalized and/or burglarized.
    I thought about buying the wheel locks since I wouldn't be too happy if someone where to steal even ONE of my $1200 /a pop wheels?
    Any thoughts??

4. redox

redox Member

You can but it's probably going to do you a disservice (it will not get the exposure you want as it won't show the proper thread subject for your question).

-- Greg

5. larrychroman

larrychroman New Member

Thank you

Many thanks for the quick reply and the good info. Im ordering them now.

6. chang

chang Member

Yup, I got them professionally installed on day 3. Strong and sturdy. Highly recommended! Has saved me multiple times from curb rash.

7. Fezzik

Fezzik P67429

I was about to get them, but some people have had problems with them. Also Tesla SC no longer are supposed to put them on for you. One guy took them off and the rim was all messed up from dirt and residue being stuck behind them. They protected against rubbing against curbs though.

8. gpetti

gpetti Active Member

I used rimblades (also a thread here Red wheels (w/ photo)). They were really easy to install myself and feedback seems good. I haven't receivd my car yet so I've only put them on my inter wheels so far to try out.

9. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Please do a search. There are entire threads on the Alloy Gators.