Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Protection Strip Under Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a long shot but hoping someone can help. I grazed a speed bump with my 2017 Model S and a plastic protection strip underneath has been damaged. Everything seems fine and the plastic has done it's job fine - but a couple of the pop-clips are missing and the trim is hanging down as a result.
I expect I'll need to get it sorted properly at the service centre but was hoping I could get some clips and sort for now myself as our service centre is not close. I can't tell what correct clips are though and it's not a place I want to use a screw instead!

It's the trim and clips in this photo here (this person posted as someone elses whole trim was missing and I'm just using photo for reference):

I believe it's called a "ski trim" from another post but not sure.

Thanks for any help!

The clips are the same as you can find on the underside of front and back bumper and on wheel liners. Just take one out and measure the size. I believe they are called push-in-clips. And you can ask Tesla if they are willing to sell the trim pieces.

I think you are looking for item #1 and #4 both are listed as over the counter so you can just go to your local SC and ask for the parts person, then give them the part numbers and they'll sell it to you.
The rivets are common and they always have them in stock usually around $0.50/ea when i buy them. the other part i don't expect them to carry since I consider it not common but ya never know. Ordering takes anywhere from a a couple days to a month (avg a week) depending on the item and shipping.
if your SC isnt close then call them and get an email for the parts rep, but my SC is 2hr each way and i still prefer to drive there and talk to people in person.

Capture.JPG

No, I believe OP is after the rail cover next to the sill plastic cover. As it’s been stated they are named Side Ski Covers, seen on the photo. Each part is app. 2,06FT long (around 63cm). You can find parts on the web, use your Tesla login data: Parts Catalog
27103C2B-45AD-44B4-8135-439D1A213D82.jpeg

Last edited: