TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Protective seat pads for car seats?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by niftyality, Apr 30, 2016.

1. niftyality

niftyality Member

I'm trying to avoid any dreaded jean dye transfer onto the ultra white seats in the X I'm getting next week.

Would these work?
    http://www.amazon.com/EDEALYN-Universal-Antiskid-Cushion-Accessories/dp/B00VA84D2M/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1461223005&sr=1-4&keywords=seats%20cushions%20black

I know there is some awareness that the airbags can't be obstructed.

This may get into crazy "asian wants to protect everything in plastic" territory be would this seem extremely tacky to you? I'm also really crafty with my sewing machine and I'm confident I could sew up some pads made out of white faux leather, or even just white cotton. The pads I'm seeing in stores used for chairs have terrible fabric patterns.

2. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Member

Note to self: Be sure to order cloth seats when the time comes to configure my Model 3.

3. loganintx

loganintx Member

I would be concerned with anything made of rubber that sits in a hot car