Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Protoscar Lampo electric roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
Geneva Preview: Protoscar teases Lampo electric roadster - AutoblogGreen

The latest is this roadster you see here from Swiss design firm Protoscar that is coming to the Geneva show in March. The Lampo is to be powered by a pair of electric motors mounted at each axle yielding a combined 268 hp and 324 lb-ft of torque. Electrons for the motor are stored in a 35 kWh lithium ion battery pack with a claimed range of 120 miles.

_protoscar-lampo-lg-450.jpg

Protostar steers out Lampo 'leccy sportster ? Register Hardware

lampo_1.jpg

According to Protoscar, the two motors together deliver a total output of 268bhp (200kW) and more than 325lb-ft (440Nm) of torque. The two "lightweight" lithium-ion battery packs each have a rating of 16kWh and are said to be good for a combined range of around 125 miles (200km). The zero to 62mph dash is dispatched in around five seconds, and the top speed is 125mph (200kph).

From doug's link:

In Protoscar’s defense, it has to be said it is no car manufacturer. I’m sure no regular automaker would let anyone drive a car at this stage of development. There are flaws, like the front wheel rubbing when you turn sharply and an emergency stop button inexplicably located in the armrest. But those don’t detract from what Protoscar has accomplished in showcasing what can be done with the available technology.

Trouble is, that technology is only semi-functional in this car. Protoscar experienced trouble driving the car during the Viking Rally from Oslo to Stavanger, so it was only at 60 percent power. On top of that, I had to promise not to push the car hard to avoid further problems and top speed was limited to 120 kph (about 75 mph).

This is too bad - I hope they can work out their prototype bugs.

It does point out how amazing the Roadster turned out.