Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proud new P3D owner in Utah finally got a few pics after Tint & Wrap!

Matte or Gloss?

• Matte Fo Sho!

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Me likee some Gloss!

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Wrap is dumb, unless it's Christmas!

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, its' coming up on my one month Anniversary and I can say I am truly in love with this new piece of Tech on wheels. After doing some research on pricing and quality of work I ended up taking her to Tint Action of Utah for full ceramic tint, suntek matte wrap all around and ceramic coat on the body and wheels. Took me a while to decide on gloss or matte and I'm happy I went with the Matte, what do you guys think?

M31.jpg
M32.jpg
20200328_163820M33.jpg
M34.jpg
M35.jpg
M36.jpg
M3tint.jpg

Very nice! Not a fan of white but she does look bad aśś, did you do a full wrap with Xpel? And how much did you pay for that job. Love the background.

Thanks

Fred

Thanks for the compliment Fred! It is Suntek and all around. It was expensive but after spending so much money and reading about how easily the paint chips I couldn't bare to not..

Thanks for the compliment Fred! It is Suntek and all around. It was expensive but after spending so much money and reading about how easily the paint chips I couldn't bare to not..
Body wrap is the #1 thing I tell everyone to do, if it’s expensive which it is here in San Diego then I Highly recommend the front end, I did the front end only and the car is 1 year old, still looks brand new. No paint chips or any paint defects. Full wrap with Xpel cost $7000.00 here.

Fred

Body wrap is the #1 thing I tell everyone to do, if it’s expensive which it is here in San Diego then I Highly recommend the front end, I did the front end only and the car is 1 year old, still looks brand new. No paint chips or any paint defects. Full wrap with Xpel cost $7000.00 here.

Fred

I paid a little less than that for everything, but no much less. :) I am very happy I did it. The day I got my car my buddy was in a parking lot and sitting in his car. I kid you not, two people hit their door into him while he was in his car over 20 a min period. Not that PPF stops dents, but they both scuffed his paint, so PPF would have prevented those marks. And the thought of 75mph freeway rocks on that flat front of the Model 3 makes me shiver the thought lol. But I am a big boob with a new toy so whatever :)

My buddies wife has a white model 3 that she hardly puts miles on it because her commute to work might be a few miles, her front looks like it got hit by a shot gun shell. Getting the front end of my model Y done as soon as it arrives.
Living close to the Mexican border here in San Diego, we have a lot of semi traffic and I’ve been hit with lots of debris, my windshield has the battle marks to prove it.

Fred

Well, its' coming up on my one month Anniversary and I can say I am truly in love with this new piece of Tech on wheels. After doing some research on pricing and quality of work I ended up taking her to Tint Action of Utah for full ceramic tint, suntek matte wrap all around and ceramic coat on the body and wheels. Took me a while to decide on gloss or matte and I'm happy I went with the Matte, what do you guys think?

View attachment 529079

Gize,

Congrats on the new wrap! We know you chose another brand but your car looks great!

Those are really nice pictures you took of your car! Is there anyway you can send me a link of these non-compressed?

Gize,

Congrats on the new wrap! We know you chose another brand but your car looks great!

Thank you, super cool of you to say that. No way I wasn't going to not wrap this beauty. I was actually looking for a dealer that offered Xpel as your reputation precedes you. However I would suggest you partner with other detailers in Utah. The arrogance and almost offensive price gouging left a really bad taste in my mouth as I called around asking for an Xpel dealer. I was fully set on Xpel before calling a couple of the big name detailers around SLC. I was quoted $6500 for a full body wrap for your stealth wrap. That's pretty steep for Utah. Especially considering I wanted Ceramic tint and Ceramic coat to add within my budget. I know you can't control what detailers charge but maybe start more partnerships and have more options to limit the gouge? Tint action was amazing. Totally happy with their work, had they offered Xpel there at even close to Tint Action and Suntek pricing, I would have gone with you guys. Let me clarify, I still paid a lot, but much less than ridiculous. So after seeing the results, I am really happy with my decision.

Just some friendly feedback, take it or leave it. Either way, thanks for the shout and the compliment, says a lot about you guys!

Car looks amazing! I love the dark rims against the white paint! If it were me I'd go for the chrome delete option as well, but it looks fantastic as is! Congrats!

looks great! chrome delete next!

Haha! I am laughing cause I thought my car looks amazing but incomplete. My brother keeps saying over and over how I need to fully chrome delete and you guys clearly have the same excellent taste as us both ( My heavily weighted opinion of course). Both good suggestions. I don't know if you can see but I went with Carbon Fiber for the door handles, badges and eyebrows. I wasn't sure if Satin or Gloss black or either would look good with that around the windows and mirrors so I held off. I have since decided the dark gray chrome delete kit from tesla bros. I'll be keeping all CB trim where it is ( also have dash, console and door controls CB) but am adding the dark gray around the windows and the side mirrors. (Think matches dark gray wheels)

Thank you both for your kind words and suggestions. I'll post an updated pic once I get that done if you'd like.

Be well!