TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Proud owner of blue Tesla!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sambennett, Mar 5, 2014.

1. sambennett

sambennett Member

Howdy! I am so happy to see this forum with so many enthusiast. I feel like I have to know lot about my car yet :)

I am thinking of paint protection coating for my Tesla. Any suggesions?

2. GregH

GregH Member

Congrats, Sam! I'm researching paint protection as well, many folks seem to like the XPEL Ultimate...
    G

3. Liz G

Liz G P03056

Great color choice.

I have blue with a full body wrap of Xpel and its not really noticeable.

4. sambennett

sambennett Member

thanks a lot guys! I prefer protection coating over wrap. Decided to go with Optiguard :)

5. gpetti

gpetti Active Member

I think those of us with blue cars should have our own group. The white and red cars seem to get all the love :smile: I'm almost complete my full Xpel wrap and I have a few pics of the interim process including some comparative photos of the wrapped and unwrapped parts of the car. I'll post a link here.

6. landover

landover Member

Im also interested in a full wrap. How much does something like this coast?

7. DavidM

DavidM P2624, Delivered

@Sambennett - Welcome to the Tesla family. I think the lesser selected colors all look awesome (Blue, Brown, Green). I picked the Dark Green Metallic myself. Nervous at first that I might not like it. But I absolutely love the color, and I love that I don't see other Model S owners with the same color. Enjoy your car.

8. sajeevar

sajeevar Member

I have a strange problem. Got a per-owned P85 recently - from a ICE dealer. I "suspect" it has a paint protection like optiguard but am not sure if there is a way confirm. Any ideas ?

9. gpetti

gpetti Active Member

10. Tony DelCampo

Tony DelCampo Member

I also have a blue P85. I picked it up two weeks ago, and had it Opti-Coated last week. Results were great and should protect the paint. Enjoy the Tesla grin!!!

11. pl804

pl804 Member

Also ordered Blue, and picking up on Fri. this week. Have been reading up on full vs. partial Xpel, and clear coats. Here in NorCal, seems like Xpel costs more - my quotes for a full wrap are running 4750 on the low end to 6800 on the high end. So far, I've heard testimonials for ppl with partial wraps who regretted it and went with a full wrap, but haven't read the opposite (ppl who got a full wrap and regretted it) - so leaning toward a full wrap.