Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proud to say I take care of my battery pretty well! :D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Peteybabes

redneck drivin' a tesla...
Apr 8, 2016
'murica
Battery Degradation what!?

now before y'all pounce on me, i realize my miles are low, but i would like to try to get a new thread started for Model X owners to have a place to officially post their findings.

Below are photos showing my car charged to 100% this morning before i head to Knoxville TN today. I'm still at 251 miles!!
range1.png
range2.png

Battery Degradation what!?I'm still at 251 miles!!

The battery charge display does not take into account battery degradation. The only way to inspect battery degradation is compare trip meter readings WRT percentage charge left after journey. Ideally, for comparison, you would drive until battery is almost empty, new vs. old battery.

It's same as mobile phone battery charge indicator, full battery looks same in old and new phones, but reality is different (the charge runs out quicker in old phones, you get less talk time and less standby time).

• Informative
Reactions: mal_tsla
The battery charge display does not take into account battery degradation. The only way to inspect battery degradation is compare trip meter readings WRT percentage charge left after journey. Ideally, for comparison, you would drive until battery is almost empty, new vs. old battery.

It's same as mobile phone battery charge indicator, full battery looks same in old and new phones, but reality is different (the charge runs out quicker in old phones, you get less talk time and less standby time).

I agree i posted this a little hastily and proved that i'm naive/newbie or whatever. I would like to figure out true degradation...if any.