Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proximity of Tesla Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am considering getting a Tesla S but would like to know what is the proximity of charging stations from LA to Las Vegas for example?

If you are an owner please let me know your experience on extended road trips. I would also like to get an idea if this car is just a daily commuter or if I can use it as an all around vehicle.

Thanks,

Keith Gilabert

Hi,

I am considering getting a Tesla S but would like to know what is the proximity of charging stations from LA to Las Vegas for example?

If you are an owner please let me know your experience on extended road trips. I would also like to get an idea if this car is just a daily commuter or if I can use it as an all around vehicle.

Thanks,

Keith Gilabert

IANAO.

Current statuses: Superchargers
And for refrence-ish, here's Tesla's vague, ever-moving plan: Supercharger | Tesla Motors

As you'll see from the links provided by ItsNotAbouttheMoney, Tesla is building out its Supercharger network along major corridors. I would add that road trips are easier in the 85 as compared to the 60 because some of the existing legs between Superchargers are a bit long. For example, if you're driving from LA to Vegas, you'll need to stop at the Barstow Supercharger. An 85 can drive at normal highway speeds for I-15 (e.g. 80+ mpg) from Barstow to Vegas, but 60's need to take it a bit easy -- 65mph -- for that leg. Also since Tesla charges an upfront additional fee for Supercharger access on the 60, if you plan on taking roadtrips, the extra cost of getting an 85 is more like $8k instead of $10k.

Hey Keith,

I am in Granada Hills & have driven to Vegas several times with my Tesla, its a peace of cake, you set your battery for a max charge in your garage overnight, you drive to Barstow & charge at the Supercharger, while charging you walk overt Starbucks & have a nice Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino :biggrin: then you head up to Vegas but don't drive like a maniac (stay under 90mph) & you will make it to the Strip fine, pull in to the hotel valet & they will charge your car, leave your wallet in the rooms safe & have a fun time, prior to leaving make sure your battery is fully charged then head back to Barstow for lunch or dinner (Chillies, El Pollo Loco & a few more a near by) then head back home in the best ride you have ever taken. Valencia, Santa Clarita, CA to S Las Vegas Blvd - Google Maps

Living in So. Cal. we are very fortunate to have so many Superchargers, there aren't too many places you can't go, My Tesla causes me to take road trips not hinders.