Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proximity sensor just went inside the bumper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh - my proximity sensor just went into the rear bumper at 1k miles. Bleh. Anyone knows how to fix or I need to service this?

IMG-8149.JPG

(I also need a carwash)

Now it always tells me to stop when I am reversing because the sensor is saying no more room in the back and there's a big hole in the rear bumper

Got this fixed today for free and got a free carwash. There are slight scratches from the carwash though.. normal when it is a free car wash. just fyi if you are ocd and looking through the sun in an angle.. you know what I mean.

wait time: around 2 hours

If you want I can make you a quick video of these locations. I'm quite familiar as I installed a hitch last weekend.
Would you be able to post that video please? Someone bumped my car while it was parked and took off. I have the rear drivers side corner sensor pushed in and need to try to fix it.

This is the second time in two months that a sensor from the rear bumper has been pushed in. The last one cost me $270.00 to fix at Tesla and they told me that usually this would have to go to the body shop and that they would charge over $1000.00.

Seems like a design issue if they are falling in anytime the bumper is used.

Attachments

• 4D2C4085-AA3D-4896-9B74-0B17AA8225F0.jpeg
    4D2C4085-AA3D-4896-9B74-0B17AA8225F0.jpeg
    736.5 KB · Views: 335
Usually some contact with the bumper but does not have to be hard. I had one pop in from backing up very slowly into another bumper and tapping it.

No marks or scratches on the bumper but the sensor popped in.

They are not fastened securely and come out much too easily.