TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

PS Announcement: configuration edits will now cost you

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Mom of 3, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Mom of 3

Mom of 3 Member

Last night Tesla raised the prices for some of the options: color, AWD, and doc fees.
    I just got off the phone with Tesla and the rep told me that if you change any part of your configuration including those not having to do with the newly priced options, the new configuration gets all new prices.

For example, adding EAP (5000) today would cost you (6700) if you had AWD with blue.

I asked that if you changed configuration not knowing the price increase, can you revert to the old configuration with the old prices? He said no.

Be warned.

• Informative x 4
  2. Wubbles

Wubbles Member

Weird. I have a Vin and delivery scheduled for next Saturday. My ISA told me adding FSD will just cost $3000 and won't impact my current configuration cost. So I had her add fsd for me. Guess I'll know in a couple days when I get my new vehicle summary.

Do you currently have a VIN?

3. Mom of 3

Mom of 3 Member

From what I understand ISA has some discretion. For example they can waive the $500 change fee.

4. FalconHeavy

FalconHeavy Member

I think ISA's have some wiggle room, especially since the car is already built. My understanding that you can add EAP or FSD up to 30 days after delivery for the pre-delivery price.

5. Wubbles

Wubbles Member

Ah ok. Makes sense. So sounds like these bigger increases are for folks without a vin yet?

6. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

I thought software toggles like autopilot didn't count toward any "change" to your configuration.

7. Mom of 3

Mom of 3 Member

I did not have a vin.

8. Wubbles

Wubbles Member

My tesla page got updated. Price increased from $59K to $62K for adding FSD. No other increases noted

So for those with a VIN, you should be able to make software related changes without it impacting the cost of paint, AWD, etc.

• Informative x 1