Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PS Announcement: configuration edits will now cost you

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night Tesla raised the prices for some of the options: color, AWD, and doc fees.
I just got off the phone with Tesla and the rep told me that if you change any part of your configuration including those not having to do with the newly priced options, the new configuration gets all new prices.

For example, adding EAP (5000) today would cost you (6700) if you had AWD with blue.

I asked that if you changed configuration not knowing the price increase, can you revert to the old configuration with the old prices? He said no.

Be warned.

Weird. I have a Vin and delivery scheduled for next Saturday. My ISA told me adding FSD will just cost $3000 and won't impact my current configuration cost. So I had her add fsd for me. Guess I'll know in a couple days when I get my new vehicle summary.

Do you currently have a VIN?

My tesla page got updated. Price increased from $59K to $62K for adding FSD. No other increases noted

So for those with a VIN, you should be able to make software related changes without it impacting the cost of paint, AWD, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak