Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: 19 in rims without black lug nut plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_4762.JPG
I did not like the black lug nut plate, so I went to go get some silver center caps from the service center and chrome lug nuts (you can also purchase chrome lug nut covers). Anyways, just thought I would share that this is an easy hack if you wanted a different look.

Attachments

• IMG_4761.JPG
    IMG_4761.JPG
    573.4 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Looks great! Have you considered getting the Tesla “T” logo decal for the center caps? I think that would really complete the OEM look.

@dhu1 what % tint did you get?

Side question: anyone know if there’s a vendor that makes the center caps with machined “T” logos? I’ve only seen vinyl decals so far.

Looks great! Have you considered getting the Tesla “T” logo decal for the center caps? I think that would really complete the OEM look.

@dhu1 what % tint did you get?

Side question: anyone know if there’s a vendor that makes the center caps with machined “T” logos? I’ve only seen vinyl decals so far.

Nope. I like the silver center caps. They are OEM with the T logo, just not colored. I got 35% on the back and rear windows. 45% on the front and 75% on windshield.

A few questions @dhu1, if you would be so kind to answer.

This is my exact configuration and I'm loving the look without the black lug nut cover! Nicely done sir! I think I might have to do the same.

Question #1: Did you buy the lug nuts and the center caps at the Tesla Service Center?
Question #2: How much did it run you?
Question #3: Did they install them right then and there?
Question #4: How much did the tint run you?
Question #5: Did they tint the entire back glass or did they stop at the part that was factory tinted?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm taking delivery of the car in a couple weeks and I'm beyond excited!

Thanks so much for your input!

A few questions @dhu1, if you would be so kind to answer.

This is my exact configuration and I'm loving the look without the black lug nut cover! Nicely done sir! I think I might have to do the same.

Question #1: Did you buy the lug nuts and the center caps at the Tesla Service Center?
Question #2: How much did it run you?
Question #3: Did they install them right then and there?
Question #4: How much did the tint run you?
Question #5: Did they tint the entire back glass or did they stop at the part that was factory tinted?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm taking delivery of the car in a couple weeks and I'm beyond excited!

Thanks so much for your input!
Sent you PM

View attachment 295716 I did not like the black lug nut plate, so I went to go get some silver center caps from the service center and chrome lug nuts (you can also purchase chrome lug nut covers). Anyways, just thought I would share that this is an easy hack if you wanted a different look.
If anybody is interested, I have chrome lug nut caps that I don't need and I can sell to you at my cost which was $18.
IMG_4774.JPG

You can get lugs from evannex--gorilla lug nuts for ~$60. If you just want the caps, you buy them off eBay--just make sure to get 21mm caps

The ones in your pic look to be smooth and shorter than the evannex lug nuts. The gorilla ones they sell stick out too far and I don't like the extra raised circle that's added to the end. The ones you show in your pic are the exact thing I am trying to find with a simple domed end. I found another Gorilla style that might work if they're not too short. Thanks for any help.

The ones in your pic look to be smooth and shorter than the evannex lug nuts. The gorilla ones they sell stick out too far and I don't like the extra raised circle that's added to the end. The ones you show in your pic are the exact thing I am trying to find with a simple domed end. I found another Gorilla style that might work if they're not too short. Thanks for any help.

The ones in your pic actually look like covers to me since there is almost no room around them to fit a socket.

the one in the picture were the caps. I eventually switched to the gorilla lugs when I changed out my springs.