Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: Autopilot NOT Standard for ALL Tesla Vehicles Now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to offer a quicker PSA that I purchased and took delivery of a Model 3, Long Range, Rear Wheel Drive, by working with a salesperson at my local Tesla retail location. As I was in the midst of getting ready to purchase the recent line-up changes on Thursday night made me think my preferred model would now be less expensive; this is not the case.

Per the Final Configuration sheet, the "in store only" LR, RWD, does NOT include Autopilot standard. It is still an additional $3,000 fee. Autopilot is included standard for all models available online (only referring to Model 3; cannot commend on Model S or Model X). Just wanted to offer some practical experience from a recent purchaser.

To note, M3 LR AWD was an enticing prospect given the recent price adjustment, but is still $2,000 above the "in store only" M3 LR RWD, and would have resulted in higher taxes and monthly payment, which I was not prepared to absorb. Happy with my decision and hope this helps others!

Just wanted to offer a quicker PSA that I purchased and took delivery of a Model 3, Long Range, Rear Wheel Drive, by working with a salesperson at my local Tesla retail location. As I was in the midst of getting ready to purchase the recent line-up changes on Thursday night made me think my preferred model would now be less expensive; this is not the case.

Per the Final Configuration sheet, the "in store only" LR, RWD, does NOT include Autopilot standard. It is still an additional $3,000 fee. Autopilot is included standard for all models available online (only referring to Model 3; cannot commend on Model S or Model X). Just wanted to offer some practical experience from a recent purchaser.

To note, M3 LR AWD was an enticing prospect given the recent price adjustment, but is still $2,000 above the "in store only" M3 LR RWD, and would have resulted in higher taxes and monthly payment, which I was not prepared to absorb. Happy with my decision and hope this helps others!

That's weird that they didn't drop the AP price on the RWD.

In your shoes, I'd have definitely paid $2k more for AWD over my RWD LR. I wasn't willing to pay 4k more for it 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt