Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: Base M3LR price increases by $1K [03.10.2022]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model 3 LR (AWD) has returned to match it's peak pricing of $55K at Sep-Oct 2018. The P likely will not return to the 2018 intro price of $78K.

Tesla Model 3 Base Price History (3).png

Chart shows trims available to order online in US. Trims are combined for simplicity. The chart and and others can be found here,

A bit of a technicality, but there was actually still a federal tax incentive back then. So in reality this is the most expensive the LR has ever been!
Indeed. Not everyone could qualify for the $7,500 federal tax credit back then, though most likely qualified.

There were also changes to build and features with a 2018 vs 2022 Model 3. I sometimes wish we had the new interior, updated windows, power trunk, and new 9V battery.

Back in 2019 when you could buy an SR+ for around $40k minus the tax credit is was pretty much a no brainer vs. buying something like a Camry, Accord, etc. but now you would have to some serious amount of driving to justify the price difference.

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 1.26.45 PM.png

Reactions: voxel
I never thought of purchasing my '20 MX as an investment but it is going that way...
Yeah, the whole market it up, the only way this will stop is if folks refuse to pay it but with the shortage of EVs on the market plenty of people with cash to burn Tesla could add another $10k to price tomorrow and sell every vehicle they produce.