Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA - Buena Park Service Center provided Excellent Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I would recount a happy service story as typically people (including me) post more often when they are unhappy with something.

Buena Park Service Plus

6692 Auto Center Drive Buena Park, CA 90621

TLDR: They under-promised and over-delivered and left me a very happy customer.

Made an appointment to get my Model 3 LR serviced at Buena Park to fix a few minor things that were nagging me:

1. Shifter stalk plastic piece was rising (coming unglued)
2. Front passenger window was not going down all the way (even doing the reset by holding down the window button)
3. Driver's side rear interior panel was getting a wave near where it met the window

I scheduled the appointment over the phone and knew that I was forgetting a few things but the customer service person told me that I could add that to the service when I got there if I remembered.

I took the car in on Sunday morning (even though website says they are not open for service on Sunday) for my appointment.

Service Advisor told me I couldn't add things now as they ordered parts based on my requests and it was likely they may not be able fix what I add due to parts not being there. Very understandable and forward thinking.

They were very courteous and provided a loaner Model S 75D. Told me it would take a few days and said that they had ordered the exterior trim instead of the interior for my third issue so if they did not have the part, they would schedule a mobile service.

Drove home in the S (and decided fairly quickly that I had made the right decision in buying a 3 over the S for our needs).

Got a call Monday morning from mobile service to schedule the fix for the third issue - I informed them that the car was still at Buena Park. They told me they still needed to order the part but wanted to coordinate with my schedule. Again very proactive. They will schedule a fix date when the part arrives. I found it amusing that mobile service called me before the other service was concluded.

Got a call and text late morning that my 3 was ready for pickup - about 24 hours after I dropped it off!

I picked up the car mid afternoon. They had replaced the steering column (wow - just for a plastic piece that was coming unglued - they wanted to make sure I wouldn't have another issue down the road), they updated software/firmware and recalibrated the regulator for the window, and had tried to replace the interior panel but the new part was damaged so they put mine back in and had scheduled the mobile service to call me (explains the early morning call).

Luis was my advisor and he kept me informed the entire time. I drove home with my beloved 3 a very happy customer.

Kudos to the Buena Park Service folks.

Good to hear as that's probably where my parents will go if they have issues.

I got a S loaner on my last appointment too. And they goodwilled the tire rotation. I also could tell after driving maybe a block that the 3 was the right choice for me. My S was kinda messed up though. Couldn't Supercharge and only had 100 miles of range. The efficiency is noticeably less. I don't drive... efficiently... especially when I'm in a rush. I could see the range tick down faster when I was using less than ideal driving methods.

Why are the superchargers there not listed in the cars navigation?

I bet it's because they're swamped and using the Superchargers to either charge or park the cars in for service. That's what happened with my center. The Superchargers were taken off the car's navigation for a while (I went anyways) and I noticed it's cuz they were swamped with cars. It's much better now, which just happened to coincide with the Superchargers reappearing in the car's navi.

Why are the superchargers there not listed in the cars navigation?

Not sure but those Superchargers do tend to be occupied most of the time. I've only charged there (or at any Supercharger) in over four months of ownership so it doesn't bother me much. I do expect to use Superchargers (not necessarily at Buena Park) for a long drive over Thanksgiving weekend.

Good to hear as that's probably where my parents will go if they have issues.

I got a S loaner on my last appointment too. And they goodwilled the tire rotation. I also could tell after driving maybe a block that the 3 was the right choice for me. My S was kinda messed up though. Couldn't Supercharge and only had 100 miles of range. The efficiency is noticeably less. I don't drive... efficiently... especially when I'm in a rush. I could see the range tick down faster when I was using less than ideal driving methods.

The S they gave me was fine and had about 10,000 miles on it. It was not very efficient compared to my 3. The S is just not the right car for us.

I bet it's because they're swamped and using the Superchargers to either charge or park the cars in for service. That's what happened with my center. The Superchargers were taken off the car's navigation for a while (I went anyways) and I noticed it's cuz they were swamped with cars. It's much better now, which just happened to coincide with the Superchargers reappearing in the car's navi.

Makes sense. I was on my way to dinner when I just happened to drive by and noticed that it was not listed on the map. They were all full anyway.

how many miles did u have on your car?

we’re these issues documented when u room delivery?

I have a few issues with the car at delivery & they’re noted , but they told me there’s a 1 month wait for a service appointment ...

I had 5500 miles on the car and did not document or need to document them on delivery as they appeared later. I would keep checking appointments online and on the phone to get a closer one if you can. By the way mobile device came by and fixed the last issue at my house yesterday afternoon in twenty minutes. Original promise was after Thanksgiving. Once again under promised and over delivered. Kudos to Buena Park Mobile Service.