Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: California CVRP Rebate Changes (standard rebate now $2000, not $2500)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new CVRP rebate changes are going into effect 12/3/2019.

1. Standard rebate is now $2,000, down from $2,500 (increased [lower income?] rebate amounts remain unchanged)
2. MSRP cap is now $60,000 max. OK for Model 3, but S/X are now excluded
3. Minimum UDDS electric range is now 35 miles, up from 20 (this will exclude most plug-in cars)
4. Rebate limit reduced from 2 per individual/entity to 1

What should I know about the December 3rd program changes?

1. Standard rebate is now $2,000, down from $2,500 (increased [lower income?] rebate amounts remain unchanged)
3. Minimum UDDS electric range is now 35 miles, up from 20 (this will exclude most plug-in cars)

Is this limit per year or lifetime?

I thought the old rule was limited 2 per household where husband and wife were considered 1 household. I did 2 rebates already under my name and I thought we won't get anymore. But maybe now I could get 1 more under my wife's name.
There is no mention of household on the CVRP site. It only talks about business entities and people. That is why we leased the e-Golf in my wife's name after they started the limits.

So the FSD P3D is out damn....

So the FSD P3D is out damn....

I would not be surprised if they picked the December 3 date as opposed to a more logical 12/31 - end of year, because they know Tesla delivers last to California. Tesla should prioritize S, X and P3's going to California - at least for all those that have already ordered. They should also exclude the California rebate from their calculations of savings on those cars going forward from the order page.

Also note that many have called in and have been told that model 3 performance with FSD will still qualify for the rebate.

What’s everyone thinking? Getting close to vin assignments I’m over the $60k.

My account is showing $6k to add after. Think that’s a Tesla mistake or actually correct? Order date is 10/16.

FA715EE0-F1CF-4EA2-9670-6806637BB6CF.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Pkmmte
not sure what you’re asking...being over 60k is irrelevant and that does seem to be a mistake.

Seems pretty clear on the website stating effective 12/3, vehicles with an MSRP >$60k are ineligible. Unless I’m missing something.

Question is, if people in the same boat drop the FSD to get under the cap, will we be able to add back at $6k or is Tesla going to charge us $7k?

Seems pretty clear on the website stating effective 12/3, vehicles with an MSRP >$60k are ineligible. Unless I’m missing something.

Question is, if people in the same boat drop the FSD to get under the cap, will we be able to add back at $6k or is Tesla going to charge us $7k?
Have you read any posts above? Several people have called in to ask and the rebate applies to the model 3 base price, trims don’t effect it.

Reactions: ucmndd