Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: CAV Toll Tag for SR-237

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah. But honestly, given the prevalence of EVs (and in particular Teslas) in the Bay Area, it was just a matter of time. I'm sure the other express lanes will follow sooner or later. Oh well, at least we get 50% off and not just 15 like the folks in the LA area ...

Please note that the "Fastrak CAV Toll Tag" is different than the "Fastrak Flex Toll Tag". The new Fastrak CAV device is ONLY needed for SR-237 at this time and is only available to vehicle owners with a CAV certificate issued with Red or Puple CAV decals.

Reactions: ZappCatt
Next summer 880 will also require a toll to get in carpool lane. Going to work is getting expensive.
You could always do what the carpool lane was intended for: carpool. :p I read somewhere that if just 5% of drivers did that, it would solve most of the congestion issues in the Bay Area.

Besides, on Friday in the thick of the evening rush hour the toll for the SR-237 eastbound express lane was $0.50 (i.e. $0.25 if you have the new tag). That will not exactly break the bank.

BTW, shipping for the tags is really fast. I have already received my new tag yesterday one day after requesting it.