Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: Check your bill if you are/were on AGL $1/day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Shock-On-T

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
Jun 26, 2016
Sydney
My last two bills were unusually high, and it seems AGL has been adding my car usage into the general usage. It turns out I had been overcharged about $500 total over the last 2 quarters.

The person at AGL apologised and said that this "happens a lot" with the Electric Car plan.

• Informative
Reactions: Vegas
has anyone signed up for this recently? I spoke with AGL when I switched over and they were *very* evasive. Didn't say it had been stopped but said they were unable to offer it "at the moment".
No, it ended completely in October 2018. I was lucky enough to renew for 12 months just before it ended. Having said that, I'm moving house at the end of the month, so will lose the plan then anyway.
I spoke to someone in the "electric car team" at AGL and he said they are researching another offering, but haven't decided if they will do it again. I'm pretty sure the first offering was just to understand charging habits so they can get ready for widespread EV adoption. I doubt we will see a similar plan anytime soon.

Reactions: dalec
Always check your start read matches the end read of your last bill. I caught AGL reducing the start read late last year.
It amazes me that these giant energy companies can be so incompetent with their billing (at least I hope it's just incompetence).
Over the years I have many times found mistakes on the bill, phoned up and got things corrected.

has anyone signed up for this recently? I spoke with AGL when I switched over and they were *very* evasive. Didn't say it had been stopped but said they were unable to offer it "at the moment".
I can’t take credit for finding this, but in SA AGL now offer controlled load for car charging at 20.68c/kwh. There are lots of different plans available. There are time restrictions

Off peak? We have the worlds most expensive power in SA. If you hunt it down you can get 32c flat rate with 16.3c export. Most pay over 40c
Ouch! I’m in Sydney. I pay $0.46KWh peak (2-8pm) Less than half that for shoulder and about half that again for off peak. I didn’t bother with controlled load because there wasn’t enough difference to off peak but last time I looked it was about $0.08-0.10KWh. Bloody hell, you guys are being crucified.

Ouch! I’m in Sydney. I pay $0.46KWh peak (2-8pm) Less than half that for shoulder and about half that again for off peak. I didn’t bother with controlled load because there wasn’t enough difference to off peak but last time I looked it was about $0.08-0.10KWh. Bloody hell, you guys are being crucified.
Its what happens when you have a government focussed on imposing too much renewable before its ready

• Informative
Reactions: dalec