Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: Check your signature lights if it's not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

privater

2016 Model S and 2017 Model 3 owner
Jun 22, 2016
CA
I have an early Model 3 with win 20xx picked up this Jan, I always suspect my lights doesn't looks like other Model 3's in rear mirror, today with a friend help, I found the problem and post these comparison pictures.
His car is delivered on Jun with vin 50xxx, You can tell the differences:
IMG_0930.jpg

When driver sits and car in drive mode, my car's headlight is on, but no sign of signature lights (the bright led beneath the oval headlight) His car has both lights on.

IMG_0931.JPG

Since all Model 3 up today is equipped with premium package, if you have the same issue, just contact Tesla service and get those lights replaced.

Just noticed it on mint today as I was following a shiny new truck in front of me. I thought I was just not seeing it at a correct angle but as soon as I was parked safely, I turned off the headlights and just kept the Daytime Running Lights on and sure enough, one of the signature LEDs were not as bright as the other. Calling it in for a fix. Vin 10xxx

• Informative
Reactions: fseir and privater
I am pretty sure my drivers side "signature light" is not working, but the passenger side is working fine. The local service center wants me to send pictures so they can "order the right part" for the repair. I tried to take a good photo, but I was unable to. Perhaps the daytime is better. However, does anyone know a way to just turn on just the signature lights and not the big bulb above it so I can easily take good photo evidence when compared to the passenger side? Thanks.

I am pretty sure my drivers side "signature light" is not working, but the passenger side is working fine. The local service center wants me to send pictures so they can "order the right part" for the repair. I tried to take a good photo, but I was unable to. Perhaps the daytime is better. However, does anyone know a way to just turn on just the signature lights and not the big bulb above it so I can easily take good photo evidence when compared to the passenger side? Thanks.
You can do it, by using summon

• Helpful
Reactions: fseir
Just noticed that the passenger signature light is out on my May delivery M3. Just made an appointment with the SC. They’ll come to my house to replace it it 3 weeks.
The Tesla Mobile Ranger came to my house and replaced the passenger headlight yesterday. Nick was experienced (7+ years with Tesla) and did the job quickly and efficiently - and took the time to answer my multitude of questions about Tesla and my car. He was an excellent representative for Tesla. Neighbors wandering by were amazed that Tesla did the replacement in my garage.

He didn’t have to take the front bumper completely off to make the replacement, and both the old and new headlights were in the “I” (“eye”) series, not the “G” series. The software update went quickly and the blinker was normal and not fast as some have reported.

Very, very happy with the whole process.