TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

PSA: DashCam USB Flash was causing MCU hangs for me 2019.12.1.2

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by tschmidty, May 12, 2019.

1. tschmidty

tschmidty Member

So after updating to 2019.12.1.2 I was getting pretty consistent hangs on the center screen, pretty much every morning or anytime it was left for a while. I have a USB stick on a Taptes splitter and removing the usb drive gets things rolling again.

I have it plugged directly in the usb port without the splitter so we'll see how things act with that.

• Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. AtlasTracer

AtlasTracer Member

Have the same issue with my USB stick... No splitter. But I'm on 2019.12.1.12. Can't tell you how it was before that update as I just got the car and it's been a constant issue for me.

3. AustinM3LR

AustinM3LR Member

Interesting I've been having constant hangs too frequently after it's been sitting for a while but also glitches/freezes/reboots while driving. I've been thinking it was an issue with the HW3 being so new and it being one of the first cars out there with it. I'll go without the USB tomorrow and see if that fixes the issue.