Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: Early VIN possible repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have VIN #2xxx and Tesla out of the blue called me the other day to tell me that their monitoring services indicate a potential problem with some actuator valve. With my confused voice I ask the person how would that affect me. I was told it could have some issues with regenerative braking. They tell me they can send a mobile repair team to fix the issue and that we can proactively take care of some other issues.

Here's the summary of the work order:

upload_2018-5-16_14-44-38.png

upload_2018-5-16_14-45-28.png

#4 was something I asked them to address since it ripped out a piece of insulation in my driver's window and the quarter window surrounding plastic is sticky which affects the window going up and down when opening and closing the door.

Yesterday I received in the mail an extra J1772 adapter. It was a pretty big box just for the adapter and surrounded completely with bubble wrap. Talk about overkill. I call Tesla today to ask which car is this supposed to be for since there were no packing instructions nor did I hear of any recalled parts. The guy I spoke with didn't have a clue. Wish they would have packed some 10-30 or 14-30 adapters instead. :)

On another note, I need my windshield replaced already due to something striking my windshield directly under the wiper while on the freeway. I didn't see it until it started cracking a few days later when the temperature changed. It went from nothing to 6" and now has gone halfway up the windshied and making a horizontal crack now. Tesla quoted me $530 for the glass.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde