TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

PSA: Early VIN possible repairs

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by CuriousG, May 16, 2018.

1. CuriousG

CuriousG Active Member

So I have VIN #2xxx and Tesla out of the blue called me the other day to tell me that their monitoring services indicate a potential problem with some actuator valve. With my confused voice I ask the person how would that affect me. I was told it could have some issues with regenerative braking. They tell me they can send a mobile repair team to fix the issue and that we can proactively take care of some other issues.

Here's the summary of the work order:

upload_2018-5-16_14-44-38.png
    upload_2018-5-16_14-45-28.png

#4 was something I asked them to address since it ripped out a piece of insulation in my driver's window and the quarter window surrounding plastic is sticky which affects the window going up and down when opening and closing the door.

Yesterday I received in the mail an extra J1772 adapter. It was a pretty big box just for the adapter and surrounded completely with bubble wrap. Talk about overkill. I call Tesla today to ask which car is this supposed to be for since there were no packing instructions nor did I hear of any recalled parts. The guy I spoke with didn't have a clue. Wish they would have packed some 10-30 or 14-30 adapters instead. :)

On another note, I need my windshield replaced already due to something striking my windshield directly under the wiper while on the freeway. I didn't see it until it started cracking a few days later when the temperature changed. It went from nothing to 6" and now has gone halfway up the windshied and making a horizontal crack now. Tesla quoted me $530 for the glass.

• Informative x 1
  2. vinnie97

vinnie97 #WalkAway

Yikes at your laundry list of problems and broken windshield.

3. CuriousG

CuriousG Active Member

I'll always have Alcantara though. Too soon?

• Funny x 4
  4. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

It will ALWAYS be too soon.

5. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

Yes.
    IMG_4444.GIF

• Funny x 1
  6. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

*grumble grumble spit*

What I *really* want is a *black* alcantara/fake suede headliner and pillars.