Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: Exiting through passenger door confuses the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My local grocery store has an extremely tight parking garage. I had to crawl across the center console and out the passenger door. Apparently this confuses the car and prevents walk away lock. Unfortunately I didn't realize until I had finished my shopping. I came out to my lights and screen on with music still bumping - doors unlocked.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: T-Will and emorog
Stupid question but does summon turn the wheel to align itself so it doesn't collide with anything. For example, if you want it to pull in to a garage but it notices your driver's side bumper will hit the entry to the garage.

Yes it turns the wheel and in theory you can't just remote control the car into something. That being said, there have been reports of scrapes at garage entries and collisions with garage walls so you have to be alert and ready to stop the car when using Summon. Just like auto park might curb your wheels.

There is an improved version of Summon coming in the next few months that utilizes the cameras in addition to the sensors.

Reactions: hanergy