TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

PSA for evtripplanner.com

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jhs_7645, Aug 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305

I just used EV Trip Planner for like the umpteenth time, and finally donated. I'm speaking for myself, but also asking others, if you've used evtripplanner.com for planning/mapping/routing and found it useful or helpful, please donate.

Full disclosure, I'm a software engineer at a large company that takes care of me, but I understand and appreciate somebody doing something to benefit the community and asking for nothing more than a donation. I have no connections to the site other than it's always there for my trip planning needs.

Thanks

• Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  2. EVCarGUy

EVCarGUy Member

I wonder how long he's been in college? I have donated, too.

3. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

I believe he is also interning at Tesla. Would love to hear an update!

4. gene

gene Supporting Member

I have donated on 3 occasions. I'll make another donation today.

5. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Voluntaryist

I've donated but honestly could do so again. That site is worth more to me than $20 that I gave. I haven't donated for TeslaWaze, but I use the HECK out of that... every single day vs. just roadtrips with EVTripPlanner. Anybody know how to donate to the TeslaWaze creator?

6. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

It's awesome and I have!

7. ericwol

ericwol Member

Here is an alternate version I made with more features.

Code:
    https://teslawaze.azurewebsites.net/

• Like x 1
  8. SuisseDriver

SuisseDriver Member

I have still to find the best routing website.
    EVTripPlanner is awesome but it is missing 2 main features that A Better Road Planner have:
    1. choosing where to make the long pause: this is mandatory for me to plan correctly my trips as I need to be able to choose where I am making a full charge stop. In EVTripPlanner, it calculates 2 medium pauses whereas I prefer having the shortest one possible in-between the long pause for lunch/dinner
    2. visualization of the altitude / speed / consumption when clicking on a trip leg like ABRP.
    On the other hand, EVTripPlanner allow to change temperature / wind / speed factor... which ABRP does not really (not with this level of fine tunning).
    So I end up using both for the different features they offer but would like so much to have a tool offering the best of both...

• Like x 1
  9. jhs_7645

With EV Trip Planner, you can just 'delete' one of the supercharging stops, and recalculate. It will show your trip with just the one supercharging stop.

10. jhs_7645

Oh.. replying to myself.. Yes.. you can't change the duration of one stop.. I get it..

11. Bonlaw

Bonlaw Member

Just loaded your site. Very informative. However I don't see where I can input a destination. I am sure I am just missing it. Please guide me.