Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA for evtripplanner.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just used EV Trip Planner for like the umpteenth time, and finally donated. I'm speaking for myself, but also asking others, if you've used evtripplanner.com for planning/mapping/routing and found it useful or helpful, please donate.

Full disclosure, I'm a software engineer at a large company that takes care of me, but I understand and appreciate somebody doing something to benefit the community and asking for nothing more than a donation. I have no connections to the site other than it's always there for my trip planning needs.

Thanks

I have still to find the best routing website.
EVTripPlanner is awesome but it is missing 2 main features that A Better Road Planner have:
  1. choosing where to make the long pause: this is mandatory for me to plan correctly my trips as I need to be able to choose where I am making a full charge stop. In EVTripPlanner, it calculates 2 medium pauses whereas I prefer having the shortest one possible in-between the long pause for lunch/dinner
  2. visualization of the altitude / speed / consumption when clicking on a trip leg like ABRP.
On the other hand, EVTripPlanner allow to change temperature / wind / speed factor... which ABRP does not really (not with this level of fine tunning).
So I end up using both for the different features they offer but would like so much to have a tool offering the best of both...

Reactions: rpez021
I have still to find the best routing website.
EVTripPlanner is awesome but it is missing 2 main features that A Better Road Planner have:
  1. choosing where to make the long pause: this is mandatory for me to plan correctly my trips as I need to be able to choose where I am making a full charge stop. In EVTripPlanner, it calculates 2 medium pauses whereas I prefer having the shortest one possible in-between the long pause for lunch/dinner
With EV Trip Planner, you can just 'delete' one of the supercharging stops, and recalculate. It will show your trip with just the one supercharging stop.

Reactions: SeminoleFSU