Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA FSD can still be purchased off menu for one week/$4K. Not for you if you expect L5 Autonomy NOW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
upload_2018-10-19_13-0-5.png

Took the plunge and made a thread about it here:

Sounds crazy but I am thinking of adding FSD before end of quarter.

All I am expecting while I own my vehicle is no nag Level 3. Add in an extra zero for me easily if it was actually Level 5.

Since it's not, I'm tempering my expectations accordingly.

I think that happens by end of 2019.

While website said $5,000 at the time.. Tesla would honor $4,000 which covers practically all Model X AP2+ owners.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: dogldogl and P85_DA
What Tesla should do is rebrand the option - to better define what you are getting when purchasing it.

Assuming V9 achieves the EAP goals for navigate on autopilot from entry ramp to exit ramp, owners who've purchased FSD (or whatever Tesla calls it) should start seeing benefits as Tesla expands the navigate on autopilot capabilities beyond limited access highways, even if it is in "driver assist" mode.

WTF

Show them Elon's tweet LOL.

Store was pretty clueless and confused. Tesla's main sales hotline allowed for "off menu" purchase of RWD LR, but adamant I could not order FSD. The "off menu" process is pretty basic. Place order as usual, so I ordered Mid Range RWD. Get a change template from calling support (they email you with a template), put in your changes requested, and I requested LR RWD along with FSD and put in a snapshot of Elon's tweet. Called today and they said it's in their support queue, and includes what I asked for, FSD and LR. Just received an email with the updated sales order, but only change being LR, so looks like not possible to do FSD.

Last edited by a moderator: