Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA - Have a questions, concerns or need help? - Visit Tesla in person.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
I understand it may not be feasible for everyone who lives far away but those who have access to a delivery center or service center, UTILIZE THEM!

There hasn't been a problem other than finance questions that wasn't resolvable in person.

It is very easy for phone calls and emails to get lost while Tesla is in sales hell, production hell, delivery hell, logistical hell, service hell, etc.

Those at the centers have more access than we do at home. Need parts? Rather than book an appointment 3 weeks out, show up and grab it yourself.

Need a car in 3 days but your delivery is in 5 days? Go grab another one that is an acceptable substitute - they can adjust your VIN assignment within minutes.

Good luck and it's all worth the pain. I don't think the universe allows for hot without crazy so keep that in mind as you are working through your dream car.

Will just add a +1 - went to the local store just to commiserate and sit in a model 3 to remind myself what I've been waiting for and they were super empathetic, way more than the people on the phone...sales guy sat in the car with me and we just chatted Tesla and how crazy the weekend was, etc. They looked up my account and gave me some reassurance and lo and behold was scheduled yesterday and (fingers crossed and toes crossed and eyes crossed) should have the car tomorrow 8am...

Totally agree. Cars been in the shop now almost two weeks. Last Tuesday was told it would only be a few more days. Called yesterday and was told that everything was done, my car would be ready for pickup today, and they’d call me to pick it up. Well, today came and went and all I’ve heard were crickets.
So, tomorrow I’m making a personal appearance at the SC to either pick up my car or speak to the SC manager. What I’m really disappointed about is that it’s been in the shop longer now than I’ve actually been able to drive it.

Reactions: neroden