Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

psa: how to post nice tables from excel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

luvb2b

Mar 18, 2013
thebeach
quick psa for those who like to share info on various spreadsheets. these are the tricks i use to post my models each quarter.

use a formula in excel like this... the example below goes in cell b5. put the row title in cell a5 and the numbers to present in c5,d5,e5,f5.
="{TR}{TD}{B}"&A5&"{/B}{/TD}{TD2}{B}"&TEXT(C5,"#,##0")&"{/B}{/TD2}{TD2}{B}"&TEXT(D5,"#,##0")&"{/B}{/TD2}{TD2}{B}"&TEXT(E5,"#,##0")&"{/B}{/TD2}{TD2}{B}"&TEXT(F5,"#,##0")&"{/B}{/TD2}{/TR}"

replace all the curly braces with square braces (i can't post square braces otherwise when i post this system will process as tags. see the text file for the actual formula for cell b5.

you can use mmm-yy format for dates. or percentages you can imagine 0.00% format. or whatever other format you need can replace the "#,##0"

just use one such formula in column b for everything in your spreadsheet. copy and paste out of column b to a post. add {TABLE} and {/TABLE} (again square brackets not curly braces) at the top and bottom to mark the table for the system.

when you're done should look like this (you might see the code in the quote when you reply).

[TD2] luv q4-18e [/TD2][TD2] luv q3-18e [/TD2][TD2] Jun-18 [/TD2][TD2] Mar-18 [/TD2]

Attachments

• excel-table-formula.txt
    186 bytes · Views: 62
quick psa for those who like to share info on various spreadsheets. these are the tricks i use to post my models each quarter.

use a formula in excel like this... the example below goes in cell b5. put the row title in cell a5 and the numbers to present in c5,d5,e5,f5.
="{TR}{TD}{B}"&A5&"{/B}{/TD}{TD2}{B}"&TEXT(C5,"#,##0")&"{/B}{/TD2}{TD2}{B}"&TEXT(D5,"#,##0")&"{/B}{/TD2}{TD2}{B}"&TEXT(E5,"#,##0")&"{/B}{/TD2}{TD2}{B}"&TEXT(F5,"#,##0")&"{/B}{/TD2}{/TR}"

replace all the curly braces with square braces (i can't post square braces otherwise when i post this system will process as tags. see the text file for the actual formula for cell b5.

you can use mmm-yy format for dates. or percentages you can imagine 0.00% format. or whatever other format you need can replace the "#,##0"

just use one such formula in column b for everything in your spreadsheet. copy and paste out of column b to a post. add {TABLE} and {/TABLE} (again square brackets not curly braces) at the top and bottom to mark the table for the system.

when you're done should look like this (you might see the code in the quote when you reply).

[TD2] luv q4-18e [/TD2][TD2] luv q3-18e [/TD2][TD2] Jun-18 [/TD2][TD2] Mar-18 [/TD2]
You are worth every cent we pay you! Wanna be a moderator?