Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: MYLR now qualifies for $4K CleanBC rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see that with the new price the MYLR just snuck under the $70K qualifier for the CleanBC rebate. It is officially on their site now as an eligible vehicle. Only problem is there are new income requirements this year so to get the full $4K off you need to be under $80K. But it is not household based so if you have a spouse/partner with lower/no income they can always purchase it.
Also for the BC rebate I believe you can add all the options you like and still qualify as only the base config price is used as a qualifier.

This brings the base price of a White on black, 19", no options to $65,990 before taxes.

Reactions: Vawlkus
How are you buying this car with less than 80k HHI :D
It is based on individual income, not household income. Many households will have a member not making $80K even if they are income splitting off of the primary earner. Many who own their own business can make it work by not drawing down more than 80K and yet still easily qualify for a lease or financing or personal line of credit etc to pay for the car.

We are finalizing car delivery and so far it is confusing:

1) Got confirmation from CleanBC Go Electric - Application XYZ – Approved
2) Reps at Tesla showrooms say "it will be fine, Tesla and the government will sort it out"
3) The Final Price Sheet from MOTOR VEHICLE PURCHASE AGREEMENT has a line "CleanBC GO Electric Vehicle Rebate" that is zero
4) Tesla support/delivery manager said that we must apply after the purchase and there is nothing Tesla should do (I think this is wrong, see below)
5) FAQ for dealerships Frequently Asked Questions - CleanBC Go Electric Passenger Vehicle Rebate Program

How does the CleanBC Go Electric Passenger Vehicle Rebate Program work?
Individuals are required to apply to have their eligibility assessed through the CleanBC Go Electric website and application web portal available there, as specified here.

The dealership must be an eligible dealer, and would be required to deduct the rebate amount off the final vehicle price for each eligible applicant from each eligible zero-emission vehicle. The dealership would then submit an application to the New Car Dealers Association of BC for reimbursement for each of the rebates provided to eligible purchasers/lessees. The point-of-purchase rebates are available for eligible vehicles sold/leased until program funding is depleted, on a first-come, first-served basis.

My expectation is that Tesla must do their part and update the Final Price Sheets prior to signature. Otherwise, I don't understand how it works.

We are finalizing car delivery and so far it is confusing:

1) Got confirmation from CleanBC Go Electric - Application XYZ – Approved
2) Reps at Tesla showrooms say "it will be fine, Tesla and the government will sort it out"
3) The Final Price Sheet from MOTOR VEHICLE PURCHASE AGREEMENT has a line "CleanBC GO Electric Vehicle Rebate" that is zero
4) Tesla support/delivery manager said that we must apply after the purchase and there is nothing Tesla should do (I think this is wrong, see below)
5) FAQ for dealerships Frequently Asked Questions - CleanBC Go Electric Passenger Vehicle Rebate Program

My expectation is that Tesla must do their part and update the Final Price Sheets prior to signature. Otherwise, I don't understand how it works.
any update on this? im quite sure it has to be done before purchase