Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: No need for low profile jack for your Model S Refresh for tire swaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finished swapping my summers on my F150. Decided to swap over to my factory 19s on my MS Refresh. I was concerned as i was using my old jack from a decade ago which is NOT low profile.

Set the air suspension to HIGH, set service mode to jack mode, and VOILA, my old jack lifted my Model S even with the pucks (link to the ones i am using below)

Super easy, was able to swap all 4 tires in under 30 minutes doing it one at a time. Torqued bolts to 129lb/feet, and the TPMS picked up right away!..

Awesome!

Finished swapping my summers on my F150. Decided to swap over to my factory 19s on my MS Refresh. I was concerned as i was using my old jack from a decade ago which is NOT low profile.

Set the air suspension to HIGH, set service mode to jack mode, and VOILA, my old jack lifted my Model S even with the pucks (link to the ones i am using below)

Super easy, was able to swap all 4 tires in under 30 minutes doing it one at a time. Torqued bolts to 129lb/feet, and the TPMS picked up right away!..

Awesome!
I take it the tyres weren't flat though? I imagine that's the problem.

The story is that when flat - as they would be if you're changing the tyre! - you can't get a jack under the car especially using pads. I must try it - there's not much point carrying my spare if I can't jack the car up!