Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: Owner says Tesla "recalibrated" his AP2 radar and his issues went away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This post was buried in another thread, but seemed important enough to me to be flagged in its own thread - the poster meant it as a kind of PSA - that a service center in Baltimore recalibrated his radar (told him it was "way off") in addition to pushing c528869 to his car - and his autopilot performance problems disappeared.

On the 17.17.26 thread, a new member @eager0 wrote yesterday afternoon:

"Hey, so sorry to bump this thread, but I felt compelled to follow-up with some interesting findings.

I'd remarked about some issues with AP after the update in the title. I ended up taking the car into the SC. They did a few things for me: 1, they pushed the update to my car (c528869), and 2, they recalibrated the radar. I joked with the tech when I picked up the car that they were just saying that to make me feel better. He replied, "Oh, no, it was WAY off." So they're either good at BSing customers, or there really was a problem with the calibration of that component. On the drive home (and in the two weeks since), I haven't had a single issue with FCW, AEB, AP, whatever other feature that had previously not worked to the point of being a safety issue.

While I'd like to say that I'm posting this to encourage others with similar issues to drop by the SC and have them take a look, it's probably more to respond to all of the posters who basically said, "you're holding it wrong" instead of consider that maybe, just maybe, it was the car."

• Informative
Reactions: Shaz and DDotJ