Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: Really bad experience with Russian Wrapz in Los Angeles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ryanflynn

2021 MSLR to the moon
Apr 28, 2021
Venice, CA
Hey Friends

I feel a responsibility to warn others like me, who think it might be a good idea to wrap their car at Russian Wrapz. Don't make the mistake I did. Going with them cost me thousands of dollars and my 2022 Tesla Model S is going into the shop to repair the damage they caused.

MAIN POINTS:

- The car looked awesome! It just didn't hold up for more than one day before problems appeared.

- They lied about the 3M or Avery materials they were going to use and went with a cheap 3rd party material (Cheetah, its $395 a roll vs $995 a roll) .

- When confronted, they lied about it again. It wasn't until I showed them pictures of the matching sheet of wrap they left in the backseat of my car that they backed down.

- The wrap only lasted 1 day with less than 50 miles before having holes it in it. (our car wrapped in 3m has lasted years)

- They tried to charge me to remove the wrap

- They broke both side cameras on my Tesla.

- The blackout they did on the Tesla emblems has peeled off.

- Even though they sold me an expensive product, and then used something really cheap, they refuse to give me a refund.

More extensively:

1: We agreed to use Avery or 3M material to wrap the car. My other car is wrapped in 3m and its held up really well for a couple years now. They didn't use either and went much cheeper "cheetah" wrap. After ONE DAY the wrap had holes in it. (see pictures)

When I confronted them about this, they didn't know they had left a large sheet of the matching material in the car, and lied about what material they used. It wasn't until I sent the pictures of the material that they backed down.

2: It was clear that this cheap wrap material was not going to last more than a couple weeks driving in Los Angeles, so I asked them to remove it. Instead of owning up to using cheaper materials and offering to rewrap it with the material we agreed on or refund me, they tried to charge me to take it off! I sent them a few photos, and they agreed to remove it for free.

3. You read that right, they broke both side cameras on my Tesla! Because there is a parts shortage, I've been driving without autopilot for weeks. In fairness, they did agree to pay for the repair, but I'm still having to take my car into the shop. Not to mention the thousands I paid for the lousy wrap.

4. They uncharged me to black out the Tesla logos, it looks like they just used a cheap can of spray paint and it only lasted about 5 days longer than the wrap.

5. They Lied about materials used, they tried to charge me for removal and refused to offer any kind of refund.

Frankly, this is my fault as I should have just spent the extra 25% and gone with someone more reputable. Lesson learned!

Attachments

• IMG_1641.PNG
    IMG_1641.PNG
    219.3 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1656.jpg
    IMG_1656.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 279
  • IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 295
  • IMG_1654.jpg
    IMG_1654.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1653.jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_1652 2.jpg
    IMG_1652 2.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 283
That is unfortunate you had gone through this. It's a nightmare for anyone considering the out of pocket cost. If you're willing to do the drive out to Orange County, check out Wraptopus in Yorba Linda. They did a great job on my S and so far the wrap is holding up as it's been 4 months and still looking new. They're on IG as you can DM and the owner is responsive.

Reactions: FlatSix911
It’s tough to find white glove service while prioritizing $. did you do any research prior to committing to that shop? I hope you are made whole, it sounds like a hassle. Thanks for the heads up. I would not let this ruin the ownership experience.

You just wouldn't imagine a bad experience from an establishment named Russian Wrapz...

That is unfortunate you had gone through this. It's a nightmare for anyone considering the out of pocket cost. If you're willing to do the drive out to Orange County, check out Wraptopus in Yorba Linda. They did a great job on my S and so far the wrap is holding up as it's been 4 months and still looking new. They're on IG as you can DM and the owner is responsive.
Is Wraptopus a more reputable name than Russian Wrapz?

• Funny
Reactions: CraneKick