Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: Tesla will Lyft you to delivery if asked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about you, but it was hard for me to find someone with free time to drive me down to Fremont to pick up my car. I don't blame them - traffic can be a nightmare around there.

There's an easy solution. Call the delivery center and ask them to schedule a Lyft for you. And if something goes wrong and delivery doesn't happen, they will Lyft you back home.

Not sure if there are mileage limits - but it's worth asking.

It's 75 miles one way to the closest Tesla delivery location from CT.
I took an air-flight to reach my delivery center.
I live 90 miles from the nearest delivery center. Tesla has already contacted me to arrange for home delivery! :eek: I declined! :eek: I want to take delivery at the center, under the lights, surrounded by my Tesla family, with my biological family as we all step together into the FUTURE!

BART is available at the factory, not the delivery hub ;-{
I think the best public transport from the BART station near my house to the delivery hub involved two trains, a bus, and walking a mile.

Can you not jump on Lyft to BART from your house and then again to the delivery center?

Alternatively, why not take Lyft to the delivery center directly if it is just 24 miles away? What am I missing? o_O

Wouldn't that be better than relying on friends who might not always have the time?

Can you not jump on Lyft to BART from your house and then again to the delivery center?

Alternatively, why not take Lyft to the delivery center directly if it is just 24 miles away? What am I missing? o_O

Wouldn't that be better than relying on friends who might not always have the time?

Exactly - taking Lyft to the delivery center directly is a great solution. Having Tesla pay for the Lyft to the delivery center is even better!

Reactions: xyeahtony
Nice. It's encouraging to see the number of ways Tesla tries to engineer a good delivery experience.

Yeah. I think there's a certain distance that if you're farther away, they'll deliver it at no extra charge. A lot of folks have said they want to see it at the delivery center before they accept it, based on some complaints about fit and finish. But I preferred delivery, and my car was as nearly perfect as my eyes can detect. No complaints here at all. I didn't get the orientation folks get at the delivery center, but the owner's manual and telephone support answered all my questions. And seven years of experience with the Roadster convinced me that if there had been issues they'd take care of them.

I don't know about you, but it was hard for me to find someone with free time to drive me down to Fremont to pick up my car. I don't blame them - traffic can be a nightmare around there.

There's an easy solution. Call the delivery center and ask them to schedule a Lyft for you. And if something goes wrong and delivery doesn't happen, they will Lyft you back home.

Not sure if there are mileage limits - but it's worth asking.
You can also just take a taxi or order an Uber/Lyft on your own and ask them to reimburse you. I had them do that when I picked up my Model X.

• Informative
Reactions: smatthew