Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: You can mount All Season tires on the 21” Arachnids on Model S 2021+

I had Michelin Pilot All Season 4 tires mounted today on my 2022 Model S LR with Arachnids.

From the factory, Tesla ships the following tire sizes:
  • Front: 265/35/21
  • Rear: 295/30/21
The fronts are perfect. Unfortunately, for the rears, Michelin does not make All Season 4s in 295/30/21, however, they make them in 295/35/21. I got these from TireRack.

The +5 in the middle number indicates that the tire has slightly more sidewall and is about half an inch taller.

I got these mounted on my Model S today and can confirm there are zero clearance issues. Here's a photo in low suspension:

1667846363397-png.872169

Attachments

• 1667846363397.png
    1667846363397.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 454
  • Helpful
Reactions: ElectricIAC
You’ve tested this with some decent runtime?

I say that because I’ve had slightly overtall tires before and while they didn’t rub at the time of install, they did end up having issues once you got some suspension travel going.

I'll report back here if I run into any issues. Others have mentioned running these same tires without issue, but didn't make a dedicated thread about it.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC

Hayseed_MS

Spreader of "Endless Non Sequitur"
Jan 19, 2021
Strongbadia
I had Michelin Pilot All Season 4 tires mounted today on my 2022 Model S LR with Arachnids.

From the factory, Tesla ships the following tire sizes:
  • Front: 265/35/21
  • Rear: 295/30/21
The fronts are perfect. Unfortunately, for the rears, Michelin does not make All Season 4s in 295/30/21, however, they make them in 295/35/21. I got these from TireRack.

The +5 in the middle number indicates that the tire has slightly more sidewall and is about half an inch taller.

I got these mounted on my Model S today and can confirm there are zero clearance issues. Here's a photo in low suspension:

1667846363397-png.872169

The sidewalls increased by 0.6" but the overall diameter increased by 1.2" total. Any issues with the speedo or traction control?

you will have issues running in low suspension...I had to replace my back tires after 10K miles as the inner wear will shred your tires... View attachment 880014

The OEM tires have the exact same issue. Here's are a few threads discussing it:

- Plaid tire failure
- Unhappy: Refreshed Plaid Shredded Tire and Damaged Rim
- Plaid tires separate at 6K miles.
- Plaid 21”rear tire woes - factory defect?

Ps. Your response to that service rep was unnecessary and nasty. It's not their fault that Tesla designed the vehicle like this.

Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC