Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA You will NOT get into the FSD beta if you already have 2022.24 or higher.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on FSD Beta with my M3. I understood that it wouldn’t carry over when I bought my MX, but I didn’t realize I needed to hold off on updates so that I wouldn’t get ahead of the Beta. I have plenty of miles and a good score, but I’m on 2022.40.4.1. Is my best strategy to discontinue updates and wait for the Beta to catch up? If so, do the Betas show their own numbering when they are pushed so that I’ll know to install it? TIA!
Yes that is your best strategy. I waited for fsd to get to 36.20 before upgrading whatever i had before to 36.6 a few days ago, and then got 36.20 today

They dont show their own FSD numbers, my car only said it was an upgrade to 2022.36.20 and then only after ot was installed, showed my current version as "FSD Beta 10.69.3.1 (2022.36.20)"

Reactions: Wht Rbbt
I have to say FSD is pretty impressive! Aside from few cases of missing turns due to a map error or overshooting on a turn, it does a wondrous job driving me around. Especially with already proven reliable highway stack, I almost never drive on highway myself any more.
On second thought, definitely should have bought the stock now instead of a car 🤣
🤣

Reactions: cfl246tho
I paid when I bought the car and waiting for 2 weeks now and no FSD. I’m on 2022.40.200 as that came with the car. Any suggestions?
You'll just have to wait until the FSD beta code catches up to 2022.40 or later. Your software version is already too new (2022.40) to get the current wide beta of FSD 10.69.3.1 (on 2022.36).

I paid when I bought the car and waiting for 2 weeks now and no FSD. I’m on 2022.40.200 as that came with the car. Any suggestions?
I think you are doubly blocked from getting FSDb by your current version.

1. 2022.40.200 is a factory build, and so far as I can see from TeslaFi software tracker there have been zero recent instances of a car going straight from ANY factory build to ANY FSDb build. Folks posting on this forum have asserted this has been a constraint in the past as well.

2. 2022.40.200 is a 2022.40 base date. That is four weeks later than the only current generally offered FSDb build of 2022.36.20/10.69.3.1. The TeslaFi firmware pages currently support the long-claimed policy that states software on a given car can only be updated to a higher version, not a lower one.

My suggestion is that you keep hitting the software page, thus triggering a check for available updates. Sooner or later you'll be offered one. Mostly likely (unless my point 1 is already false, or gets changed in the future) that will be a non FSDb. Install it, as that is your first step on the path to actually getting FSDb on your car. Later, when there is a general distribution FSDb release with a date base higher than whatever you get next, you'll have a good shot at receiving that. I think that likely to be some weeks from now.

I hope I am wrong, as a similar but not identical situation means I don't think I'll get my FSDb installed on the model 3 I picked up November 3 any time soon.

Good luck.

[edit: Vanca ninja'd me while I was typing]

Reactions: vanca