Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA You will NOT get into the FSD beta if you already have 2022.24 or higher.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going for an update. If at worst this will delay me from getting FSD for 3 to 4 weeks. But if this update is prerequisite for receiving 2022.36.15 then I must install it to get the FSD.

I'll report back tomorrow once it updates.
Me too. We‘re in this together zsunsun! I take solace from this article which makes it clear the latest FSD beta that has yet to come out is in fact on this latest version branch.

Reactions: zsunsun
Me too! It seems like all of us in the FSDb queue have been "held back" from updates up until today, until it was clear what branch the latest FSDb would be on. Now that it's announced that 10.69.3 will run on 2022.36.15, the floodgates have opened to get us all brought up to the 2022.36 branch. I'm currently on 2022.24.8, but Tesla is trying to push 2022.36.6 now.

I wonder if having 2022.36.6 is a prerequisite for eventually getting the 10.69.3 push? I'm torn also about hitting the update button!

what objective first source data do we have that is fueling all this conviction that having a regular software load must not be numbered higher than the FSDb loads. It's like everyone has agreed we need to take the bus to Abilene. Why? Yes, there seems like there COULD be a dependency. There might be. It seems kinda logical. But how do we know this view is not mere speculation? I'm not criticising; there is some logic there. My challenge is, what definitive basis do we have for perpetuating this notion? I just wanna know what it is. We've had on knowledgable Tesla Tech Support rep. tell us there is no such dependency. OK, that is only one data point that might be wrong. But right after he told me so, Tesla immediately released an FSDb numbered version we weren't really expecting. Didn't some of you, like me, stop and think "hey, might we be making some wrong assupmtions?" My question is sincere. Have I missed something that definitively establishes the numbered increments must be aligned just right? I'm just asking, does anyone know why we are going to Abilene?

what objective first source data do we have that is fueling all this conviction that having a regular software load must not be numbered higher than the FSDb loads. It's like everyone has agreed we need to take the bus to Abilene. Why? Yes, there seems like there COULD be a dependency. There might be. It seems kinda logical. But how do we know this view is not mere speculation? I'm not criticising; there is some logic there. My challenge is, what definitive basis do we have for perpetuating this notion? I just wanna know what it is. We've had on knowledgable Tesla Tech Support rep. tell us there is no such dependency. OK, that is only one data point that might be wrong. But right after he told me so, Tesla immediately released an FSDb numbered version we weren't really expecting. Didn't some of you, like me, stop and think "hey, might we be making some wrong assupmtions?" My question is sincere. Have I missed something that definitively establishes the numbered increments must be aligned just right? I'm just asking, does anyone know why we are going to Abilene?
I think it was the lack of a counter factual. No one popped up and said, hey I got down revved when I finally got FSDb.

Reactions: clydeiii
Well the last FSD of 10.69.2.X required 2022.20.X and older base software. That clearly establishes real precedence of backward compatibility and no forward compatibility. That requirement still stands today.

I’m on 2022.28.2 and have not received an update for weeks. Today I got offered 2022.36.6. Haven’t pushed “install” yet but am hoping that it’s the right thing to do.
I was in the exact same boat until the mobile tech came recently to upgrade the cameras and installed it without even asking me😬. So now I'm with 2022.36.6. Hopefully it's ok since it's still below 36.15.

It’s funny watching y’all speculate. Some people probably still think driving score has something to do with it.

Well I just got pushed 2022.20.19 down from 2022.36.6 on my Model S Plaid, which I drove for over a year almost wrecklessly enjoying how ludicrously fast this care is, not caring about driving score at all, coming in just under 40…..

My M3P and MYP are still in the queue for FSD with scores of 79 and 76 respectively.

Maybe it is actually still about score. Maybe they’re taking those of us who’ve been driving crazy fast with terrible scores down a notch with FSD :)

It’s funny watching y’all speculate. Some people probably still think driving score has something to do with it.

Well I just got pushed 2022.20.19 down from 2022.36.6 on my Model S Plaid, which I drove for over a year almost wrecklessly enjoying how ludicrously fast this care is, not caring about driving score at all, coming in just under 40…..

My M3P and MYP are still in the queue for FSD with scores of 79 and 76 respectively.

Maybe it is actually still about score. Maybe they’re taking those of us who’ve been driving crazy fast with terrible scores down a notch with FSD :)
Since I’ve never heard of anyone being downgraded before and Tesla has indicated they are loathe to do that as they don’t test for it, I am skeptical of your claim. Care to provide evidence to back it up (“extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence “)

Since I’ve never heard of anyone being downgraded before and Tesla has indicated they are loathe to do that as they don’t test for it, I am skeptical of your claim. Care to provide evidence to back it up (“extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence “)
I just had my M3 firmware re-install with the same current version though I've not heard or seen evidence of firmware downgrade either.

Reactions: Jeffsstuff
Why was your firmware re-installed? Did you have other issues with your car? Techs do not downgrade unless there is a good reason to do so. Just curious why your car was brought in for? Thanks!
I upgraded to version 2022.40.4 then found out the navigation is off. Took it to the SC and sort of "made" them fix it. They weren't going to do anything after they took a test drive to a nearby Supercharging stations and said the navigation was fine. SHEESHHH. I had to go back and forth with them for alittle bit before they finally re-install the same 2022.40.4 and that fixed it. See my thread here

Last edited:
I have a model year 2023 model 3 RWD I took delivery on 15 days ago. Today I visited the software page in the car looking for the additional vehicle information page that for some absurd reason links from there, and found myself watching as the car started downloading version 2022.40.4.1. I'm currently on the factory installed 2022.28.300 version.

As I see it, sticking with my current factory installed version makes it possible by the version sequence requirement for me to get either of the two "next" FSDb releases currently in (extremely) early stage deployment, but installing the downloaded would lock me out until later.

My current plan is to neglect to install my already downloaded 2022.40.4.1 until I see evidence here or elsewhere that there is a higher sequence numbered FSDb version in actual deployment.

Stale software beats being blocked from enjoying my purchase. As our other car is an early 2022 build Y which has been running FSDb since June, I do have some idea what I'm waiting for.

Reactions: Nikon201068
15C266CE-6280-46B4-931E-D9C93A153159.png

I have a model year 2023 model 3 RWD I took delivery on 15 days ago. Today I visited the software page in the car looking for the additional vehicle information page that for some absurd reason links from there, and found myself watching as the car started downloading version 2022.40.4.1. I'm currently on the factory installed 2022.28.300 version.

As I see it, sticking with my current factory installed version makes it possible by the version sequence requirement for me to get either of the two "next" FSDb releases currently in (extremely) early stage deployment, but installing the downloaded would lock me out until later.

My current plan is to neglect to install my already downloaded 2022.40.4.1 until I see evidence here or elsewhere that there is a higher sequence numbered FSDb version in actual deployment.

Stale software beats being blocked from enjoying my purchase. As our other car is an early 2022 build Y which has been running FSDb since June, I do have some idea what I'm waiting for.
I doubt you will get anything else until you install the version that is queued up for your vehicle. Your die has already been cast.