Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA You will NOT get into the FSD beta if you already have 2022.24 or higher.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More info

1668842033398.png

Reactions: KrazinAz
I was on FSD Beta with my M3. I understood that it wouldn’t carry over when I bought my MX, but I didn’t realize I needed to hold off on updates so that I wouldn’t get ahead of the Beta. I have plenty of miles and a good score, but I’m on 2022.40.4.1. Is my best strategy to discontinue updates and wait for the Beta to catch up? If so, do the Betas show their own numbering when they are pushed so that I’ll know to install it? TIA!

Is my best strategy to discontinue updates and wait for the Beta to catch up? If so, do the Betas show their own numbering when they are pushed so that I’ll know to install it? TIA!
You are stranded in the "too high a currently installed version" number pond until either FSD V11 actually goes wide, or a more recent software base is used for a FSD V10 version you can get.

No, they don't label FSDb downloads with any identifier saying "this is actually FSDb", nor do they display on the download notification the FSDb version number. Just the regular version number. For example, people who have been waiting without getting FSDb who have 2022.36.6 are just seeing a normal-looking download followed by install request with the stated version being 2022.36.20. (from which you are blocked).

No, they don't label FSDb downloads with any identifier saying "this is actually FSDb", nor do they display on the download notification the FSDb version number. Just the regular version number. For example, people who have been waiting without getting FSDb who have 2022.36.6 are just seeing a normal-looking download followed by install request with the stated version being 2022.36.20. (from which you are blocked).

Thanks! Sounds like I’ll just have to pay closer attention to the version numbers that get listed here as updates occur. It is such a PITA getting restricted to 5 mph over the speed limit after getting spoiled by Beta.

I was just reading posts here from everybody that recently got the FSDb update and feeling jealous, when all of a sudden I received a notification from my Tesla app that I have an update ready.
It was the 2022.36.20 /FSD Beta 10.69.3.1 upgrade. It is amazing. I was upgraded from 36.6.
Yep, my SS is 96. I don't know for sure if, how that affects getting it. I saw multiple YouTubers saying 100 (maybe even 99) was the criteria. In any case, I passed their criteria, whatever it is.

Download and install was fastest yet at 35 minutes.

Just did my first test drive and was thrilled to find it work just like so many have shown in YouTube posts.

V11 must be really amazing

Reactions: KrazinAz
I was on FSD Beta with my M3. I understood that it wouldn’t carry over when I bought my MX, but I didn’t realize I needed to hold off on updates so that I wouldn’t get ahead of the Beta. I have plenty of miles and a good score, but I’m on 2022.40.4.1. Is my best strategy to discontinue updates and wait for the Beta to catch up? If so, do the Betas show their own numbering when they are pushed so that I’ll know to install it? TIA!
Submit a service ticket to ask. When I did the very knowledgeable Tesla service technician contradicted the common wisdom here. He assured me that I would be able to upgrade no matter which version I was running. And that turned out to be true for me. For what it's worth, I was on 36.6. I'm not on your version 40.4. just got upgraded to 36.20, the FSD beta

Reactions: Wht Rbbt