Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSE Electric Vehicle Charger Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried that too morbot, but that's the wrong ID. Wait a couple of days and you will get another email that will include the correct ID.

Then you can check online to see that they need "more information" to see if your car is eligible. A week after that they will approve it.

PSE's FAQ says that the Tesla mobile connector and the HPWC both qualify. However, my impression from the paperwork was that you have to submit an very specific separate invoice for the EVSE. So I guess I'm not sure...

Here was my rough timeline:
Day 1: submitted paperwork
Day 3: got email with claim ID so you can check online status. It says "they need more info to see if you are eligible". But they don't, really. (I tried calling; they just needed to "do more research").
Day 10: online status changed to "approved". They say it can take up to 3 weeks to get the check
Day 26: got the check

I just heard from an employee at the Seattle store that has been talking to PSE about this rebate. PSE confirmed to Tesla that the rebate DOES cover the Tesla Mobile Connector that comes with the car. So in effect, it's a $500 rebate on any Tesla.

I still think they want you to submit an install invoice...but if you just install a 14-50 outlet, that's good enough. Or maybe you could just submit a document explaining that installation was not needed; it came with the car and you plugged it in.

Anybody tried submitting the invoice for their new Tesla that includes a mobile charger and getting $500 just for buying the car that already comes with the mobile cable?

After 6 weeks my rebate check just came in the mail. I didn't buy any extra chargers. I just use the charger that came with the car.

PSE should get their money back pretty quick now that my electric bill is up $40 per month. You can track my usage at Tessa the Tesla

Submitted (on-line) rebate paper work on 5/18 copy of invoice on which I wrote Comes with Wall Charger. Notified 5/27 that paperwork received.
Just checked status - rebate processed - pre-paid card to be mailed within 8 weeks to qualified applicants.
Did others get Checks?

Just got this reminder in the e-mail from PSE. The program is still running and according to the program rules and based on experience of forum members, any Tesla charger qualifies for $500 rebate (including the mobile charger that is the standard equipment with every Model S).

pse.com/electricvehicles said:

Claimed rebates to date
When we first introduced our EV Charger Rebate Program in January of this year, as part of a study of EVs on the grid, we were approved to offer a $500 rebate to the first 5,000 customers to participate. To date, we've had more than 1,000 customers participate. The program runs until November 2016, or until all rebates are claimed. Know anyone thinking about an EV in their near future? There's still time to take advantage of the program! pse.com/electricvehicles

Bumping this up since I just got the new WC. Almost covers the whole price (got he 24' cord version). Now all I need is a vehicle to register! ;)

I'm a bit confused though. Should I also ask Tesla to refund my sales tax or did that go away with the recent law changes here in WA? Thanks!