Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSE&G is offering $10,000 off the price of a BMW i3!!!!!??????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Chopr147

Apr 3, 2016
Wantagh, NY
Never heard of this before. It is only for the BMW i3. No other EV's are eligible. PSE&G is the public utility in NY and NJ. Do any other power companies offer anything like this? They also advertise CON-ED (NYC) paying customers to charge on off-peak hours. $50.00 just for enrolling. With nearly $20,000 off an i3 including Fed and NY rebates. My son just purchased a Mazda 3 but he likes the i3. Didn't know about this last month :(

"The purchase incentive includes all current model years of new BMW i3 models, including the i3 BEV, i3s BEV, i3 REx, and i3s REx. No other models are eligible for this offer."

upload_2018-3-7_8-20-54.png

Yes, that thread is more i3 vs. Model 3
I do like the i3 but would NEVER spend 45-50k for one. That's what BMW prices them for. Could be why they are willing to give $10k right off the top. This can also be used for more than one purchase surprisingly.
Couple other Q & A:

· Is the $10,000 BMW i3 purchase incentive applied at the time of transaction?
Yes, the incentive is applied at the time of sale and will be deducted from the purchase price.

· How are these purchase incentives funded?
The purchase incentive is funded through BMW of North America.

• Model 3 LR: $44K for 310miles of range. Additional $5K for autopilot, and $5K for premium upgrades.
  • BMW i3 $44K for 115mile range. ~$52K with various upgrades & ACC stop&go (TACC type) function.
  • Model 3 SR: $35K with 215mile range. before other options.
i3 has to drop in price to stay in the game! Currently what is keeping i3 sales are: (1) M3 is not out in volume, (2) i3 has lease options, and now (3) i3 is $34K (drop $10K) before other options.

BMW is offering the $10K discount. They are only publicizing it through the utility. They are doing this with several utilities around the country right now.

Both Nissan and BMW did this last year in San Diego. Nissan did it because they were closing out all the old LEAFs before the refresh was available.

Never heard of this before. It is only for the BMW i3. No other EV's are eligible. PSE&G is the public utility in NY and NJ. Do any other power companies offer anything like this? They also advertise CON-ED (NYC) paying customers to charge on off-peak hours. $50.00 just for enrolling. With nearly $20,000 off an i3 including Fed and NY rebates. My son just purchased a Mazda 3 but he likes the i3. Didn't know about this last month :(

"The purchase incentive includes all current model years of new BMW i3 models, including the i3 BEV, i3s BEV, i3 REx, and i3s REx. No other models are eligible for this offer."

View attachment 284914

Probably explains the long delay in PSE&G electrifying the Woodbridge, NJ supercharger! ;)

i3 is a unique little car, even in the EV marketplace. Has it's own quirky styling, power train, scooter motor range extending generator, wheel sizes and pricing.

With the additional $10,000 off from the electric companies they offer more competitive pricing.

I imagine that if the electric companies were to offer that same $10,000 off on the Model 3, the order backlog would stretch to a million.

Reactions: Chopr147