Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, I had 1426kWh and based on the amount I got last year I didn't bother trying to burn any of the excess but now wish I had... in reality it would only have saved me $60 though. I'm surprised at how much lower it was than last year!

Either way the tariff still saved me over 20% over the past year compared to being on RS.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 15.42.30.png

I guess I need to try and work out how much was EV charging because if the rest of the house is on RS and I can still get the cheaper charging rate it might work out cheaper...

Any of you NJ guys thought about going solar? I installed it in Jan of this year and it is well worth it!
im on the other side of the river from NJ, my roof is too small, I can only get 65-70% use coverage, the left over bill will keep climbing, not happy
next house will be one story with a larger roof, funny now we are looking at roofs when thinking about a new house

I have a large shed that could get me closer to 100%, but then ill be adding 3x heat pumps: hot water, heat and dryer
do I really need 130% to get full coverage with these added kw items?
we have the bad version of PSEG called PSEGLI, we dont even get ev charger credits or utility rebate for solar, way better PSEG in NJ

whats the impact of these three heat pumps for kw? read a good heat pump article comparing high efficiency gas heat vs heat pump
seems the high eff gas heating got so good in recent years, no savings with heat pump heat
but I have central AC which will help

geek stuff changing over to an all electric life
im a trained electrical engineer, fun stuff coming back to college topics

btw, with my PSEGLI, i just made the change from 180 electric rate to 195 ToU rate
so far no movement on the balanced billing which in fairness, takes time to adjust, hoping a 20% monthly bill reduction
they call the overnight Super Off Peak, funny where they should call peak, super peak jacking the rate to max 160%!
rate super off peak 10pm to 6am off peak 6am-3pm 7pm to 10pm peak 3pm-7pm
1711484701788.png

my concerns, central air use when everyone wants it cool 3pm to 7pm
AC uses more electricity than EVs, even with my 17 SEER unit, but at least I have dual Tesla EV charging running 1030PM to bef 6am
just think overall there will be more sweating this summer, cheap dad 👹

btw, with an empty Cybertruck and 123kwh battery, no way to charge 5-95% with 48amps in the 10-6 window
my math shows 9.6 hours and the ToU super peak window is only 8 hours

the electric companies are becoming like insurance companies, always stacked for them....