Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSS 245/35/21 front, 295/30/21 rear -- anyone tried it yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back in November I got a stagger setup on my P85 using 21" TSW rims. I started with Hankook tires just so the rubber wouldn't be too expensive during the experimental phase. I love the setup but definitely want more traction (stickier tires).

Once the Hankooks wore out my plan was to go with Michelin PS2s since they come in 245/35/21, 285/30/21 configuration which is ideal for this car IMHO. Now that Michelin has started shipping the newer, improved and lower cost PSS in the above mentioned combo I want to pull the trigger on that setup as soon as the current tires start to show the slightest sign of beginning to wear out.

Has anyone tried this 21" stagger setup with PSS 295s on the back? Seems like the perfect combo and I think there is enough clearance given my experience with Hankoock 285s on the back today. Just wanted to see if anybody has actually tried it.

Thanks for any feedback...

I'm on 20" rims for my summer wheels on my Performance Plus Model S
Current setup is:
- F: 8,5Jx20 ET32 rims 245/40-20 tyres
- R: 10Jx20 ET35 rims 285/35-20 tyres

I would welcome a setup with rear tyres in 295/35-20. This is a Porsche tyre fitment size (so available in N0, N1, etc. coding), meaning readily available and top-spec tyres.

It looked like my current setup is the max fitment for a P+ Model S. I.e. not a lot of spare clearance with the suspension parts.

On my next SC visit the replacement bolts on the rear sunspension will be mounted. These give better camber, especially useful in 'low' driving mode.

But will they allow for 295 tyres?

(295 tyres on 10" rims is pushing it as well. But I'm fine with that.)

Interesting. I seem to have plenty of clearance with my 21" rims and 285/30 rear tires. What is your offset? Mine is 35mm (if I remember correctly). I guess the P+ suspension may result in a little less clearance...

My rear rims are also 10" width. I agree that they should be OK for 295s even though 10.5" width might have been a bit better for that size.

I'm on 20" rims for my summer wheels on my Performance Plus Model S
Current setup is:
- F: 8,5Jx20 ET32 rims 245/40-20 tyres
- R: 10Jx20 ET35 rims 285/35-20 tyres

I would welcome a setup with rear tyres in 295/35-20. This is a Porsche tyre fitment size (so available in N0, N1, etc. coding), meaning readily available and top-spec tyres.

It looked like my current setup is the max fitment for a P+ Model S. I.e. not a lot of spare clearance with the suspension parts.

On my next SC visit the replacement bolts on the rear sunspension will be mounted. These give better camber, especially useful in 'low' driving mode.

But will they allow for 295 tyres?

(295 tyres on 10" rims is pushing it as well. But I'm fine with that.)