Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Psychic FUD predictions for 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jhm

May 23, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Using only my raw intuition to tap into the mystic beyond and ethereal unknown, I have obtained the following Psychic FUD Predictions for 2015.

1) After the Model X is well in production, PS will announce that global demand for Model S has peaked, and Tesla must go on to produce yet more models to prop up the illusion of demand for electric vehicle.

2) JP will return to thunder about how rising oil prices can only mean that the mineral cost of Tesla's batteries will become giga-expensive.

3) Rumors that EM may need to design a vehicle that seats a family of 8 or more.

What are your psychic predictions?

Happy Holidays and here's to an awesome New Year!

Last edited:
Some decent 200 mile range mid sized EVs will start to show up, giving some of those waiting for Model3 thoughts of getting something else instead of waiting for Model3.

Some vehicles will be offered with inductive charging so you can park over a pad in your garage and charge without plugging in.

Self driving features will start to become more common.

A new expression "D-faced" will be coined to describe the expression seen on the face of some big $ exotic car drivers when a P85D blows them away.

incredulous.jpg

Last edited:
Ha, we need P85D drivers to post Go Pro pictures of their D-faces. That would be creme D-meme.

- - - Updated - - -

5) As long as coal continues to be burned somewhere in the world EV critics will continue to claim all EVs are dirtier than ICE.

I always find it ironic when coal supporters want to condemn EVs for being coal powered. They must hate themselves. Shouldn't they run ads like, "Coal, the other non-renewable transportation fuel"?

Good thing it is still 2014... Cause PS just posted a great piece of FUD on Seeking Alpha about how Tesla is now on the verge of collapse because the car is too expensive to repair... Sigh...

Next they are going to say that Tesla is doomed to failure because they are named after an inventer who died penniless... Makes about as much sense...

Talking about FUD, I am concerned with some people crossing into unhealthy obsession with Tesla.

One example is Cory Johnson, we have a thread for him somewhere here.

Second one is Mark Speigel. Check his twitter account. Mark's tweets and his SA contributions related to Tesla seem unhealthy to me.

On another note, here is one false prophecy that deserves mention:

Obama's radicalism is killing the Dow, published by WSJ in 2009.

Lets see how that prophecy turned out:

Boskin, though, didn't think that this once-in-three-generations financial crisis was to blame for the market meltdown. Instead, he blamed it on Obama for ... talking about raising taxes? "It's hard not to see the continued sell-off on Wall Street and the growing fear on Main Street," Boskin philosophized, "as a product, at least in part, of the realization that our new president's policies are designed to radically re-engineer the market-based U.S. economy." What followed was the usual conservative jeremiad against higher taxes on the rich, lower taxes on the poor, and deficit spending. Obama's trying to turn us into Europe, and that's why markets are pricing in the possibility of a Great Depression—not the dying economy he inherited.

Stocks bottomed on March 9, three days after the op-ed, as the Federal Reserve's bond-buying and the Treasury's stress tests restored confidence in the financial system. Then the stimulus started to kick in, putting enough of a floor under the economy that it began growing again that summer. It's been a nasty, brutish, and long recovery, but unemployment is finally back under 6 percent and the economy is now growing at its fastest pace in over a decade.
Add it all up, and Obama's radicalism has killed the Dow to the tune of a 171 percent return since Boskin's op-ed.

Dow-Boskin-Op-Ed.jpg

DJIA closed above 18000 on Tuesday, for the first time.

And here is how Euro area is going in the same period. It is not really apples to apples, but I can not think of DJIA equivalent. Graphs are telling and undeniable.

euro-area-gdp-growth.png

Last edited:
DJIA closed above 18000 on Tuesday, for the first time.

And here is how Euro area is going in the same period. It is not really apples to apples, but I can not think of DJIA equivalent. Graphs are telling and undeniable.
The FTSE 100 is the usually cited general index for EU stocks.
FTSE 100: INDEXFTSE:UKX quotes & news - Google Finance
It bottomed out at 3530.73 on March 6, 2009. Its recent peak closing price was 6878.49, up 95.6%. Before the Great Recession, though, the FTSE 100 was as high as 6730.70 (12-Oct-2007), so the peak-to-peak increase has been only 2.2%. The DJIA peaked at 14093.08 (12-Oct-2007), so it has increased 27.9%.

Anyway, back to the fun...

BMW will have more fast charging locations than Tesla. Media will call the death of Tesla. BMW stations may typically be at dealers, only one in each location and hence cannot be relied upon for long distance travel, but the media won't be able to figure this out.

BMW will have more fast charging locations than Tesla. Media will call the death of Tesla. BMW stations may typically be at dealers, only one in each location and hence cannot be relied upon for long distance travel, but the media won't be able to figure this out.

Especially with them teaming up with other companies to use the same plug. Gonna be the death of Tesla for sure! Look out super fast 24kW charging! (Do they realize I almost get this on AC charging at my house? Hrmmmm)

They'll probably also be inaccessible behind do locked gates after the dealership closes for the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were one of the FUD authors I would pull out the " bubble" chart again and circle the point on the chart where it talks about "return to norm" just before the final crash since the 290 break would be their claimed top and this is the attempted recovery aka the bull trap.

That would be my angle anyway... I'm surprised no one has released an article on that yet *shrugs*

I mean that is click bait gold right there. Maybe I should switch to the other side so I can make some spare change on the side haha!

If I were one of the FUD authors I would pull out the " bubble" chart again and circle the point on the chart where it talks about "return to norm" just before the final crash since the 290 break would be their claimed top and this is the attempted recovery aka the bull trap.

That would be my angle anyway... I'm surprised no one has released an article on that yet *shrugs*

I mean that is click bait gold right there. Maybe I should switch to the other side so I can make some spare change on the side haha!
I hear on SA you can make 1 cent per click. My guess is this is pretty good pay for a top flight analyst like PS. ;)

My psychic prediction: TM releases range for MS and MX to 600 miles... Analyst downgrade TM for not including bathroom services in car to allow drivers to drive 600 miles continuously...
Didn't I hear that the Model X would come with an inflight lavatory option for those who don't need a full back row? Couple that with autopilot and you've got a real winner with men of a certain age.